ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Just a co-administrator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/24/11 09:49 PM Views: 1317 Replies: 7
Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 9:49 PM
TJ2 logo.jpg

How do I put my jukebox from "playlist.com" into the content section of the home page? I do not want to use an edit page button.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM - Response #1

Hi Neil - welcome to the Help Forums

You'll need to click on the "Source" button in the Editor Strip, locate the spot where you want the player to be and THEN paste the embed code you got from playlist.com there. Make sure the "height" and "width" statements (there are more than one of them) are less than 390 pixels.

Click on the Source button again and you should see the player in place.

Review this information on the FAQ CLICK TO VIEW Scroll down to #8 about embedding items on the home page.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 9:22 AM - Response #2
TJ2 logo.jpg

I may have gotten ahead of myself before we spoke the first time. I have already downloaded a playlist and can activate it as a site page. However, I am still not able to paste that information on the homepage.
1) I don't see where to make it smaller. I have tried several times without success.
2) When i am in the site page for the playlist, and I press source, I will get one, script, and press again, I get a puzzle piece. Which one do I need to use.
3) I have tried to copy and post both but with no results.
when I copy/paste the script,it is to big; when I copy/paste
the puzzle piece; I see nothing.
4) should I start completely over ,or can we use what I already have?

I am really sorry for not being better at this. I am a novice. Let me know your thoughts.
Thank you again or beig patient with me.
Neil

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 5:06 PM - Response #3

Neil,

When you click SOURCE, you want that page. Use the browser's SEARCH/Find and search for the word "width". If the number following the width is greater than 390, change it to 390. Repeat the search until all of the widths are <=390.

Then save the changes of the page. This should fix your playlist so it will be the right width.

Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM - Response #4
TJ logo.jpg

John C. said you may be able to go onto the site and take a look at the song problem If you can great, that being said , can you than explain it to me like I am four years old,so that I can learn it.There are other areas that i need help in and I am considering using John C.
I am a novice some of this is easy. But most of it, you really need to be good at this. Information on this page is helful, but it doesn'y tell you step by step. For instance, Scott has allowed me to look at his Reunion fo dummies page; but I have know idea how to get it to my home site nor do I know if it is copywrite protected. Can you help me with these two items. One is getting my playlist on the homepage and the other is getting reunion for dimmies on an edit page.
Many thanks! Again A real novice.

Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM - Response #5

Neil,

Here is how to get your playlist onto your home page.
1. Edit Site Pages, Edit your "Songs we listened to" page.
2. Click on the SOURCE button, select everything in the editor and copy it to the browser's copy/paste buffer - on a windows machine this is pressing CTRL-C
3. Edit site pages, Edit home page
4. Go to the exact place you want the playlist to appear
5. type "Playlist goes here"
6. click the SOURCE button - when you want to paste codes, you need to press the SOURCE button
7. Search for "playlist goes here"
8. press ctrl-V to paste the codes for the playlist where you want it to display
9. delete the words "playlist goes here" and save the contents
10. Check out your home page to see if it looks right

Please paste the exact website address/URL of the "reunion for Dummies" here so I know what you are talking about. There are probably many Scotts, so I don't know where to look.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 7:11 AM - Response #6

Kyle,
Both you and Scott Mastenbrook were very helful and yes, that is what I wanted. Now, without using the popout button, is there a way to just let the music play throughout each session?

I think if you guys put together a Classcreator fo Dummies section that would help people like me and we would not be bothering you all the time with questions that you may think of as simple. Just a suggestion.
Again thanks for all your help.
Neil

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 7:14 AM - Response #7
TJ2 logo.jpg

John,
Thanks for the phone call the other day. I will be in touch.
Yes, i am very interested. Not being the root administrator, I don't know if I can still sign up. I will eventually take the site over with others, but for now, I will have to get back to you.
Neil

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.