ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Hide Yearbook Photos Until Classmate Registers

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/21/09 05:25 PM Views: 2508 Replies: 9
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 5:25 PM

When a non-registered users visits our site, they are able to click on Classmate Profiles, scan the list of names, and register a profile - no problem.

Yesterday, I uploaded a yearbook photo for all the names in our class list. Now, when a non-registered user visits our site, they can see a name and a picture for each classmate who has not yet registered. We are trying to be as sensitive as possible about security and safety concerns.

Is there a way to hide the yearbook photo until the individual actually registers? If not, can you offer any suggestions that would help us achieve the level of privacy and security we're seeking?

Thank you,

Eric Levitt

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM - Response #1

See this thread.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM - Response #2

Either I'm doing something wrong, or we're not talking about the same thing. I have checked the option "Allow only registered members to see the "Show Yearbook Photos" option."

This appears to show or hide the Show Yearbook Photo check box based on whether a user is logged on or not.

However, when I am logged off, all I have to do is click on a classmate's name that has not yet registered, and I get their Join Here page with their yearbook photo very clearly displayed.

It seems that since I have the "Allow only registered members to see the "Show Yearbook Photos" option selected, random visitors to our site, or even classmates visiting looking for their name, should not be able to click on an un-registered classmate's name and see their yearbook picture.

Am I missing another settings somewhere?

Thank you,

Eric

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 11:16 PM - Response #3

No you're not missing anything, but the programmer is. We just added this to the system a couple of days ago, and it does remove the "Show Yearbook Photo" option as you've pointed out. It also removes the yearbook photo from Profiles that are public and the viewer is not logged into the site. What it doesn't do, but needs to do, is not show the yearbook photo for Classmates who have not yet joined the site if the Admin has turned on this toggle. I'll have a programmer do this on Monday, thank you for pointing this out.

Edited 03/21/09 11:17 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 11:23 PM - Response #4

Wonderful! Thank you so much.

Eric

Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 4:36 PM - Response #5

I thank you too! I had the same question when I created my site back in January. It didn't seem right that anyone could just visit the site and see the senior photos. So I'm glad this has been changed!

Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 5:20 PM - Response #6

Revisiting old threads about displaying class photos to non-registered visitors, this message comes up now "Sorry, this post has been deleted."

Brad Switzer wrote:

Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 6:00 PM - Response #7

I was helping one of our reunion groups who are ramping up their site for this year's reunion, but one of the committe expressed privacy concerns with photos. I thought I'd double check and found that my own site shows our Yearbook photos (before login). I disabled "Show Yearbook Photo" in Preferences, so now they don't show on individual's profiles, but the option to show them still exists on the "Profiles"->"Classmates" menu, and does enable yearbook photo "mugshots" to be seen???
_
Brad Switzer wrote:

No you're not missing anything, but the programmer is. We just added this to the system a couple of days ago, and it does remove the "Show Yearbook Photo" option as you've pointed out. It also removes the yearbook photo from Profiles that are public and the viewer is not logged into the site. What it doesn't do, but needs to do, is not show the yearbook photo for Classmates who have not yet joined the site if the Admin has turned on this toggle. I'll have a programmer do this on Monday, thank you for pointing this out.

Edited 02/05/23 6:01 PM
Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 9:41 PM - Response #8

Hi Allen,

Original posts can be deleted by the person who posted them if they are duplicates or answered already.

I will ask the programmer to take a look at the link on your site profile page for the yearbook photo link

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, February 10, 2023 at 10:27 AM - Response #9

Hi Allen,

The programmers corrected the yearbook link on your site.

Jessica

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.