ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photos showing up on internet

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/11/22 04:27 PM Views: 220 Replies: 1
Friday, February 11, 2022 at 4:27 PM

I received a message from a classmate saying that pictures that are posted on our profiles may be found on the Internet when we Google our name. I tried to set the strictest privacy settings in order to respect and protect my classmates privacy. Why is this happening, and how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Friday, February 11, 2022 at 5:05 PM - Response #1

One possibility --- if you Google someone's name in your class and a search result leads you to the classmate's profile, if you're logged in, you'll see the photos in the person's profile.

A second possibility is if the classmate has not blocked visibility to his/her profile when they edit their profile, then anyone can see the photos, even without being logged in. They must check the box next to: "Block Profile Visibility: Block the public and search engines from accessing my Profile and allow only fellow Classmates to view my Profile details. Leave this box unchecked if you also wish to allow the public (friends, co-workers, family members, etc.) to view your Profile details."

A third possibility --- are the photos on a profile also posted in a classmate's Facebook page or on other social media? If so, those photos may not be private, i.e, anyone can see them, depending on the settings the classmate has on Facebook or other social media sites.

Edited 02/11/22 5:09 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.