ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

uploading photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/26/12 04:28 PM Views: 2105 Replies: 15
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM

What is the best way to upload photos to our site? I created a page and want to upload photos. I only see ways to upload or change classmate photos. Thanks for the assistance!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM - Response #1

I was going to suggest the Gallery Creator but see you've already discovered that.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM - Response #2

Not sure I understand your question. Please ask it a different way.

Are you (an admin) wanting to upload photos? If so, use the Edit Site Pages, Edit (your page), then use the IMAGE icon. Are you (as a classmate) wanting to upload photos? If so, use the EDIT/UPLOAD PHOTOS link. Are you wanting to upload to a gallery? If so, use the Gallery Creator and create a gallery and left-side link and insert your photos there.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 5:31 PM - Response #3

How about multiple photos at a time?

Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM - Response #4

Sure, just hold down the control key to select multiple photos for uploading.

Friday, October 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM - Response #5

We just had our 50th reunion, and many of the classmates have sent me pictures which I've posted on the website, in a gallary. Just yesterday a classmate sent me CD of pictures that he had taken. What would be the quickest way to post all of his pictures, hopefully so that they can just be viewed one after the other? I'd like to avoid uploading them one at a time into a gallary.

Friday, October 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM - Response #6

You don't have to upload one at a time. Go to the gallery in which you want to post them. You can then select "Add Photos for Classmate." Find and select the classmate's name. The image editor will then come up. Select "Browse" and then locate the cd. Click on the first photo, scroll to the last photo and while holding down the spacebar click on it. All photos should now be highlighted. Press open and all the photos will upload.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM - Response #7

Thanks so much for your suggestions. They worked great and saved me quite a bit of time!

Thanks again!

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM - Response #8

If the came off a CD you might want to resize them first to keep your file vault from filling up. I find some classmates send me photos that are 2-3 mgb each.

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM - Response #9

Actually, I've been worried about the size of many of the pictures that the classmates send to me. Unfortunately, it takes time to resize a very large group of photos, so I didn't bother resizing the ones that came on the CD. I guess I'd better concentrate on resizing from now on.

Thanks!

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM - Response #10

Linda King wrote:

Actually, I've been worried about the size of many of the pictures that the classmates send to me. Unfortunately, it takes time to resize a very large group of photos, so I didn't bother resizing the ones that came on the CD. I guess I'd better concentrate on resizing from now on.

Thanks!

There is a relatively easy way to bulk resize too. The free program IrfanView allows you to do this. After downloading, open it and then press "b" to access the bulk resizer. You can then delete the gallery to which you uploaded the originals and the upload the resized ones. As with the uploading the computer does most of the work with the resizing.

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 4:40 PM - Response #11

Actually Microsoft makes a small utility program called "Picture Resizer". Google it (make sure it's the MS version) and download it (it's free). You can resize about 100 photos in less than 30 seconds to small 360x640 photos. I did it for all our scanned classmates on our reunion site also. My camera takes pics that are about 1-2 mg in size and I resize them in seconds. Good luck.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM - Response #12

I uploaed some pictures recently that were not in the correct vertical position. I selected edit to rotate the pictures, and the edit procedure worked fine, and I was able to get the pictures in the upright position. The problem is I can not save them after they have been rotated. When I try to move the screen upward by clicking on the right hand lower arrow, the screen is frozen in place and I cannot access the save button. I never had this problem in the past. The name of the gallery is Las Vegas 2012. Our Class visited Las Vegas the first week in October 2012, and we have began the process of uploading pictures taken.

Edited 10/16/12 12:11 AM
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM - Response #13

I actually have IrfanView on my computer, so I'll give that a try for resizing. I'm also interested in checking out MS Picture Resizer. Thanks.

My latest concern is that I got a request to put the names of the classmates by their pictures. I've done this type of thing in Class Creator with my pics, but it's obviously going to take a long time. Any ideas for speeding up this process?

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM - Response #14

If you uploaded pictures to the gallery for a classmate and have given them credit they would be able to go in and add names. That doesn't necessarily speed up the process but is a way of spreading the effort around. The result may be some inconsistency though which you have to weigh against the time savings for you.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM - Response #15

Just what I was afraid of--I knew there was no magic way to have them appear without the errort. Your idea is a good one, as long as the classmates have the time and the know-how!

Thanks again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.