ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Senior pictures on profiles

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/17/09 06:47 PM Views: 1443 Replies: 5
Monday, August 17, 2009 at 6:47 PM

One of our classmates went in to update her e-mail address however when she did it, she pulled up her husband's profile and changed her e-mail. Now her name and picture show up under his name and his picture and name show up under her name. (What a mess!!) - is there any way to get the correct name ith the correct picture? HELP!!!!
Thanks.
Brenda Windel
Vandalia Butler Class of 1964

Monday, August 17, 2009 at 10:27 PM - Response #1

Uh oh, this is like one of those high school story problems.. Hmmmm. I'm not 100% sure what all was done, but the bottom line is you need to edit his account, inserting his email address and any pictures, etc., and you also need to edit her account, entering her email address and any pictures, etc. I.E.

1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Click the Enter/Edit Classmates button
3) Click on the desired name
4) Ensure all contact deatils, Profile info, and Photos are correct for the account.
5) Repeat for the second user's account

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 11:59 AM - Response #2

Hi Brad -
Well, I double checked all the info in each of their profiles as you suggested and the info is correct but the photos are still on the wrong profile (his is on her profile and her's is on his)....I don't know what she did but is there a way to correct the photos and get them on the correct profile? AAAUUUGGGHHHHH! How did this happen???? After all the time I spent uploading those pictures.....

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 1:37 PM - Response #3

Wish I could tell you how it happend, but, I don't know. Somebody must have edited the wrong Profile and changed things inadvertently as you mentioned. All I can really do is tell you to fix it. At this point you can do that one of two ways:

1) Leave the Profile Photos alone, and change the contact details for each account to the other person. Basically if you do this, you're just trading accounts.

2) Leave it like you have it set up now, go into each account and delete all the wrong photos, and then upload the right photos.

If there was a magic fix button for this scenario I'd press it for you, but I'm afraid what info and photos you or other Admins enter into a Profile are soley up to you and if they're wrong, they're wrong. The only way to fix this is to have somebody go tweak each account until it is correct. You could also delete both accounts and re-enter them from scratch.

Edited 08/18/09 1:40 PM
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 4:07 PM - Response #4

One thing to think about if you decide to just swap classmate photos. Those classmates who might have set up to be notified when the classmate's profile changes (profile subscriptions) will now be notified when the spouse's profile changes.

Also, not sure if it matters, but all messages associated with the classmate will now be associated with the spouse.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 7:16 AM - Response #5

Thanks for all the suggestions - I took the easy way out and deleted both profiles and will re-enter them and make sure that that when their info is entered they enter it on the right profile this time.

We have had a great response to our reunion and everyone is very excited about this site and how easy it is to keep in touch. You are guys are fantastic!! We are on the way to having the best reunion with the most people we've ever had because of this site. Keep up the good work.

Brenda Windel
Vandalia-Butler Class of 1964

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.