ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Spinning off a year with its profiles to its own system

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/12/10 12:21 AM Views: 1272 Replies: 1
Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I'm considering spinning off or out of a 4 mulitple year database one of the years to stand on its own in a separate class creator module or account. I understand downloading the databases and the uploading on into its newly configured system. But that is not what I want to do, unless it is the only option. Rather what I would like to do if possible is to spin out or reconstruct the referenced year in a new class creater system and carry the profiles with it.

Can this be achieved? Obviously, am trying to achieve separation without asking members to individually reconstruct their profiles.

Additional thoughts. I have 4 years. Can I duplicate the multiple years system into a second account with the help of classcreator techs and then strike out the individuals from the 3 no longer needed 3 years? There is no must to this. But am wanting to give year administrators and classes the opportunity to run and have their own shows autonomous the big one. And I'm not doing this because it is inherent in our logo to think this way.

Am starting to think this may be a hard question. Usually you folks are on top of my interrogatories fast.

Jesse Collins
administration@westburyhshouston.com

Edited 06/14/10 12:56 AM
Monday, June 14, 2010 at 1:44 PM - Response #1

Had to wait for a programmer to review this, sorry... Well, here's the deal. Long story short, the snag is we store all Classmate photos on the Amazon.com cloud with the class_id as the first parameter (so everything from one class is grouped together). We'd need to write a one-time script to delete those, and re-upload, which will take 3 or so hours of custom programming time. So there would be a $300 fee for doing so. Or if you want to sign both sites up for a 10 year subscription we'll do it free. Otherwise you'll need to manually rebuild, which can be done, just takes time.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.