ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Forums

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/06/12 06:52 PM Views: 1592 Replies: 6
Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I have searched for the answer to this question but couldn't find anything.

Is there a way that the public could post on a forum? I have our "You can find it here" forum set so that every topic and every post must be approved so nothing nefarious would get on there. But our historians say they are unable to post their stories.

www.eaglelakeveteransmuseum.com

Forum = "You can find it here"

Thanks,

JC

Friday, September 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM - Response #1

Okay! I figured it out. I was misreading the edit page regarding the password. That's what happens when you get old and senile.

JC

Friday, September 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM - Response #2

Well, I just thought I had figured it out but apparently I haven't.

Our problem is this. We only want a certain class of people as members. But, we want non-members to be able to visit all of the pages and to post their own stories about the members plus we want to allow several "appointed" people to be able to post general stories about the local history. All of which will be strictly moderated. But we are getting word that is not happening.

I'm reading throught out the forums of people trying to keep the public from their sites. Why, when we want the public on ours, can't they be?
JC

Friday, September 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM - Response #3

Only site members can post on the forums.

Friday, September 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM - Response #4

For that matter, only site members can post anything anywhere on the site. The public can use the Contact Us form and the Missing Classmate invitation form but otherwise the public is strictly prohibited from any interactive features. This is by design and will not change.

Friday, September 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM - Response #5

If that's the case why would Question number 1 under "Questions about Passwords" say ""When you password protect a page, this stops the public (non Classmates) from accessing the page? For that matter, why even have a moderation facility?

JC

Friday, September 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM - Response #6

Accessing means VIEWING, not contributing to. Moderation is so that admins can control what goes on the site and is usually employed only when classmates get unruly.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.