ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

changing order on left side banner

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/30/10 08:01 AM Views: 1519 Replies: 7
Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Would like to have HOME PAGE as first item on left side banner. Currently it is the last. How do I change this?

Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 8:37 AM - Response #1

You must wait until the next new feature release to change the order of these items. It should be released in the early 2011. There is no way to change the order until then.

Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM - Response #2

When that feature does come along (changing order of left navigational panel), will there be a way to make one particular item stand out more, i.e., a different color font, or larger font, etc.?

Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM - Response #3

Betsy Crittenden wrote:

will there be a way to make one particular item stand out more, i.e., a different color font, or larger font, etc.?

They might later (it's something I asked about earlier) - probably not right away if I recall correctly.

However, you can make some special items stand out right now by creating your own links. You may prefer this even after the new release. Helps user focus better, especially when done on "inside" pages vs looking at the left side to navigate.

Look at our site for an example where I designed "buttons" (just an img with a link - code is just for looks, not required ). Plus there are html horizontal lists or just a horizontal table with a background, link name and using hrefs to name 2 more.

A table is the easiest to design (a named link like THIS doesn't count since it really does not stand out).

here's an example you can paste into your page to see. It's just a simple table with 3 columns. 2 cells have images inserted with links and one is plain text with a colored background. You can also just use images without any table as on our page. Modify to suit your needs and tasteWink

Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 10:44 PM - Response #4

Betsy,

When the new left-side link reordering module is released, there will be a major announcement and nobody will not know that it is being released. We just need to be patient. It is coming, REALLY!!!

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM - Response #5

I thought the left hand menu sort was going to be part of this last upgrade. It didn't happen. Any ideas on when? Are we close or still a long ways off?

If it is close, I don't want to go through the headache of the alternate way we found to back into doing this on our All-Years website. It's a lot of work but doable. Thanks in advance for updating us on this.

Edited 09/05/11 6:48 PM
Monday, September 5, 2011 at 6:58 PM - Response #6

What last upgrade are you talking about. It hasn't happened yet.

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 7:20 PM - Response #7

Kyle Erickson wrote:

You must wait until the next new feature release to change the order of these items. It should be released in the early 2011. There is no way to change the order until then.

Oh Kyle....you could just be a little more forthcoming with some helpful information. LOL! I made a dumb assumption that there was one while I was not looking. According to your comment above, it was supposed to happen early in 2011. September is not early 2011 so therefore I erred.

I guess even though the recent upgrade payments were requested, it has not rolled out. All I'd like to know is "When Will It Go On-Line? " - Days, weeks, months?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.