ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to Change Default Question Answer size?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/21/09 11:20 AM Views: 1299 Replies: 7
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Is there a way to change a default questions answer size? For example, "Where do you work?". Currently it is a one line answer. Some people's answers are too long for one line, and I would like to change it to a comment box. Is there a way to do this?

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 1:08 PM - Response #1
edit profilequestion.jpg

Hi Lynn,

There should be a drop down menu next to Answers:
when you edit your question.

See attached screen shot.

Edited 03/21/09 1:10 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 1:10 PM - Response #2

Yes, there is a drop down box on the questions I create, but you don't get that choice on the default questions. The only choice available is the "Active" checkbox.

Edited 03/21/09 1:11 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM - Response #3

Ok, how about de-activating the default question, then create the question again and choose comment box.

Edited 03/21/09 1:14 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM - Response #4

I'll put in a note to the programmers to make that a stnadard comments box instead. But deactivating the default then making your own is also a perfectly viable solution.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM - Response #5

But if you deactivate a question, what happens to the profiles where people already answered it? Does that answer get hidden from view?

On our profiles I added a second question underneath Occupation called "Occupation/Career(s) Details" so they could give both the short & long answer.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM - Response #6

That's what I did, I left it activated, and added right below it "What type of work do you do" so that solved the problem. I don't like to deactivate the defaults because sometimes the program uses them to pull to other places in the website.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 9:39 PM - Response #7

True. Good point. Although that particular question is not integrated with any other functionality in the system -- you can safely deactivate it and make your own. Any Classmate who answered the default question would have to reanswer the custom question. The question may be exactly the same, but to our system they are completely different questions.

For this particular circumstance, I'd just wait for our programmer to change that text area to a comments area.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.