ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Ability to restrict (or block) individual classmates

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/13/10 03:08 PM Views: 1408 Replies: 2
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I have a situation that has started to develop, within our Class group, that I'd like to have more control over.

A classmate logs on and enters the most basic of information (that has an "*" next to the entry) meaning mandatory information. Then unchecks all boxes so no other classmate can view their Nothing page but now this person has unlimited rights to view everything about everyone else.

Is there a provision that I have not been able to find, or can you add such a "feature" so I can Lock this person from having access? I know I could just DELETE this person, but that raises a lot of questions from other classmates & reunion committee members.

Edited 01/13/10 3:09 PM
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 3:15 PM - Response #1

There is no such "lock out" feature no, however, you could easily change the individual's email address. That would be a simple way of making it impossible for the user to both log into the site again at all, or receive any further messages from the web site to boot. Hopefully you could talk to the user and come up with a better solution first, but doing this would certainly work.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 6:31 PM - Response #2

We have several classmates who only put in the manadatory information required to sign up to our website. To me it does not seem fair to boot someone off the website because they do not give more info and allow classmates to see personal info such as address and phone numbers. That is a personal preference. I allow my personal info to be seen by ALL of my classmates, rather or not they do the same or not, but punishing them for not doing the same seems a bit harsh to me.

Just my 2 cents.
Dawn

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.