ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Added Birth dates challenge

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/16/14 08:01 PM Views: 746 Replies: 4
Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Hi,
Am trying to add an upcoming birth date for a classmate and have used the same process as in the past, but no luck this time. Am fairly certain it's Operator Malfunction on my brain's part, but it seems so simple, I am making it more complicated. It is for a birthday this next week on a previously unmarked profile. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. Thanks in advance!
A little belated, but nonetheless sincere, May 2014 be a healthy and most wonderful one for one and all!

Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 8:09 PM - Response #1

For birth dates to be shown and used by the system (right side module, birthdate reminder emails), the birthdate needs to be entered by the classmate.

Birthdates entered by the admin are for their own use and only visible to other admins. When the classmate enters the birthdate, it is then shown to the admins, too, but if the classmate then removes their birthdate, the admin entered birthdate will appear again.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM - Response #2

Is this a recent change? Years ago I put in birthdays for classmates who hadn't joined the site. They still haven't and every year their names show up in the right side module.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM - Response #3

No, it has been the policy as long as I remember.

Maybe it is just the policy for classmates who have joined the website. I am not sure, if the classmate Kris is talking about has joined yet or not.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 11:08 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Kyle.
The classmate has joined, but not logged in for a few years! and has let me know that he has an upcoming birthday! I send out a monthly reminder of the upcoming birthdays and in the past have "activated" the dates, but the classmates had entered the dates but not posted to allow it.
Thanks for the clarification, and the hint that I am not certifiably crazy just yet! Am trying to keep a sense of humor with those who only sign in once every four years or so! Hope Springs Eternal...and laughter still seems to be pretty good medicine. Keep on Smilin' and Happy Birthday to you all whenever you may celebrate!
Thanks again! Have a great one!Cool

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.