ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Missing classmate invite

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/30/11 10:40 PM Views: 1287 Replies: 8
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 10:40 PM

This is just a suggestion. Don't really know if it's doable. To make the email invitation more personable I was wondering if adding the first name of the classmate might be possible.

Thanks for all your hard work...Scott

www.gbhs1975.com

Edited 09/01/11 6:13 PM
Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 2:15 PM - Response #1

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your comments!

I'm not sure which invite email you are referring to, but as Admin, you have the ability to customize the content of several emails the system sends out, including merge fields such as the recipient's name. You can find these options by clicking "Preferences" under "Admin Functions" on the left of your site.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 3:38 PM - Response #2
GBHSInvitationEMail.JPG

That's what i did. I went into Preferences and used
Missing Classmate Invitation: Initiated by Classmates from the home page "Missing Classmates" box or from Profile pages of Classmates who have not joined the site.
I modified it to include: the merge field for recipient's first name. Such as:

$first_name$

The $school$ $year$ has a web site located at $homepage$

You have been invited by a fellow classmate. Please join us and reunite with your Classmates!

I'm attaching the result that I'm getting. Recipient's first name doesn't appear.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 1:27 PM - Response #3

Scott,

Just checking back in. Are you still having difficulty with this?

Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 10:17 AM - Response #4

I changed it back to the way it was originally. I figured that this invitation was not designed to handle the merge field of the Recipient's names. That's why I had put this down as a suggestion because I have tried to do this several times in the past as I thought this was not a bug but was part of the design for this type of invitation.

Scott

Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM - Response #5

Scott,

Just a question.... How are you sending the invite? Is it from the Home Page? Or is it from the Classmate Profiles, click on the classmate's name, then click the SEND INVITE button?

If from the HOME PAGE, we have no way of knowing the classmate's name.

If from the Classmate Profiles, then Classmate's name, does the e-mail work if you insert the $first_name$ ?

Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 2:55 PM - Response #6

Kyle, before I even submitted this I did this from Missing Classmates and Classmate Profiles using $first_name$. Doesn't work when I insert $first_name$ from these.
I knew already that $first_name$ would not work from the Home Page as it would not have access to our Classmates database.

Scott

Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM - Response #7

I'll place this on a programmer's list to take a look.

Friday, September 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM - Response #8

We realize this is still an open task and we will reply here once it has been addressed.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.