ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How secure is the site?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/06/20 10:28 PM Views: 300 Replies: 1
Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 10:28 PM

How secure is the site? My committee members want to how secure is the site.

Friday, February 7, 2020 at 2:15 AM - Response #1

Sherry,

The street address, phone numbers, and emails of members are secure (not visible to the public). The profiles of individual members are secure if the member checks "Block Profile Visibility" when editing their profile.

Individual pages on your site are secure if you, as the administrator, check "Restrict to classmates only" when you edit the link for that page.

In short, some things are secure automatically, while others are dependent on the individual member and the administrator.

For individual pages, we have one of the least secure sites, as all our individual pages are viewable by the public, intentionally. We want the public outside of our class to view the pages, as there are many brothers, sisters, parents, and alumni who have an interest in our class. We've never had any difficulty in 11 years.

As to privacy and security, forget about it with today's internet. For a very small subscription fee, there are people search sites I subscribe to that give me a classmate's name, date of birth, address history, land line and cell phone numbers, email, and links to their relatives with the same info. Obituaries often reveal substantial personal information. This has allowed me to find everyone in our class. We don't live in a private world any more. In my opinion, that's okay!!

Edited 02/08/20 12:39 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.