ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

attachments for class e-mail

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/11/08 08:57 PM Views: 1469 Replies: 6
Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 8:57 PM

I need to send the class an attachment of a powerpoint presentation and I don't see how to attach anything. HELP!

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 9:03 PM - Response #1

1) Go into edit mode for any page
2) Click the chain link icon
3) Click the upload tab
4) Upload your Powerpoint presentation
5) Copy the path to your file
6) Send a link to your file in your Class Wide Email.

Friday, December 12, 2008 at 8:51 AM - Response #2

I must be doing something wrong! I went to edit mode for a page; clicked on the chain link icon; clicked the upload tab; browsed for my power point (which I saved in power point as it was originally sent to me as an e-mail attachment); clicked upload and I got "please type link URL" message. There is a button titled "send it to the server" which I pressed and then hit upload. It resorts back to the URL tab with an address there???? I copied this, went to the class e-mail and pasted it, sent an e-mail to myself to experiment and it states it's in error. I think the instruction " copy the path to your file" I'm not doing correctly. Also, the "send a link to your file in your class wide e-mail I'm certain I don't know how to do. Sorry for my lack of tech skills in this, but I'm trying.

Friday, December 12, 2008 at 10:42 AM - Response #3

Paula,
This link on your homepage:http://webmail.aol.com/39997/aol/en-us/Mail/get-attachment.aspx uid=1.22484837&folder=NewMail&partId=4&saveAs=HotChocolateHL.pps

Is that the one you are trying to email the class? It's referring directly to your aol inbox. Can you download the powerpoint from your inbox, then upload it to the site?

I'd like to try to help you more with the upload too, but that's one thing i noticed. After you upload successfully, it should automatically fill in the URL link with a path like \userfiles\File\HotChocolateHL.pps or something...

Friday, December 12, 2008 at 5:15 PM - Response #4

Send me the link to your Powerpoint file. First let's make sure it's on the server and that part worked ok. It sounds like it did, I just don't think you're using the full link to the file. Once we have that squared away I'll show you how to make the link to the ppt file in your class email.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM - Response #5

Hi Brad,
I have been trying for hours now to fix the link for a word doc for sacalumni.com and can't seem to get it to work. Unfortunately, I sent out a mass email before ensuring that the link was working. I've saved the word doc to the file vault, and I think that it was done correctly. However, the link in the email shows as an error. Please help!!!

Thanks,
Val

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 10:26 PM - Response #6

Valaria,

Change the link from this "000/2/1/6/15612/userfiles/file/...."

To this: "http://www.sacalumni.com/000/2/1/6/15612/userfiles/file/...."

NOTE: Replace the "...." with the file name which I removed from these public forums - nobody else's business.

So all you need to do is add "http://www.sacalumni.com/" to the link and it will work fine.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.