ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

ID Protect

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/21/22 02:08 PM Views: 200 Replies: 5
Monday, February 21, 2022 at 2:08 PM

I added ID Protect to my website last week. How long before it takes effect?

Monday, February 21, 2022 at 3:59 PM - Response #1

Hi Desiree,

The WhoIs searches update regularly. Where are you seeing your WhoIs contact information displaying?

If you mistakenly purchased ID Protect thinking that it was a Secure Certificate - please let me know. We can get the ID Protect refunded.

If you wish to purchase a Secure Certificate, then you can go under Admin Functions > Manage Domain > Secure Your Domain Name. I will include the link below.

Kelcie
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 1:06 PM - Response #2

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

In the past, my website would read permian81.com and now it says classcreator.com/Permian81....
I want to go back to it have our domain name in the browser bar, which is why I thought I needed ID protect. Am I wrong?

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 1:23 PM - Response #3

Hi Desiree,

We strongly recommend adding ID Protect to your domain name. Without ID Protect your personal information can be obtained by anyone searching domain ownership details at all domain name registrars. ID Protect keeps the following domain ownership contact information private:

yourwebsite.com
Your Full Name
Your Business Name
Your Street Address
Your Phone: (425) 555-5555
Your Email Address

However, you are thinking of Secure Certificate.

When you purchase a Secure Certificate it can take up to 48 hours to process. It will no longer forward your domain name to the longer Class Creator address. Your domain name would read - permian81.com.

It will load in HTTPS, and add the secure lock symbol next to your domain name on the address bar.

There is more information under the Admin Functions > Manage Domain > Secure Your Domain Name page.

Kelcie
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 1:45 PM - Response #4

Gotcha!

Another issue. When I purchased the ID Protect last week, I also renewed web hosting for a year. I was charged $165 for this.

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 3:07 PM - Response #5

Hi Desiree,

I see that is for your class site subscription. You can see how many days you have remaining under Admin Functions > Subscription. I have sent you a copy of the receipt.

The domain and secure certificate are related, but separate charges. The class site subscription is also a separate charge, but not related to the domain or secure certificate.

Kelcie
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.