ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Issue with In Memory

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/11/12 05:29 PM Views: 1391 Replies: 7
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I've just added James Ireland to the In Memory section. When looking at the list of deceased:

1. It shows Jim as serving in the military. He did not. I went back and checked my entry and I did not entry him as serving in the military.

2. The summary of deceased shows 6 having served in the military, however, no one else has a flag by their name, except Jim Ireland. One person who has served was Greggory Tweady, but no flag appears.

Related Topic.
I entered the obit on Jim on the home page and saved it, but it does not show when viewing the home page.

Thanks for helping to address this sensitive area.
Mary

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM - Response #1

On Edit Site Pages, Edit IN MEMORY page, EDIT for the classmate, the instructions say "Enter branch served. Leave blank if this person did not serve in the military.". You didn't leave it blank, you put "none" which is not leaving it blank. I deleted "none" and it fixed the problem.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM - Response #2

LOL
We had a similar situation with two classmates who, under branch of service, they put their Draft Card number.
They too popped up on a 'Veterans Salute' I did last year! Rolling Eyes
They are very much alive today though.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 9:31 PM - Response #3

@ Mary...Paxton where??? IL...

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM - Response #4

Thanks Kyle, you did, indeed, fix the problem. And I thank you!

Question though, why have "none" as an option if it throws the tracking/respone off?

You've always been so responsive to my inquiries and I thank you for that. You often get back to me with the solution within minutes of my question. - - rarely do I log on to see your response in the same amount of time.

Thank you, on this very special day of appreciating others in our lives.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 2:01 AM - Response #5

None is not an option. It is something you (or someone else) typed in

Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM - Response #6

Just had an issue with the In Memory section. I just entered an classmate's obituary and forgot to tie it to the profile and enter the year he died. Now I can not edit that entry. How do I edit the entry so I can correct my mistake. The Class mates name is Richard Valenzuela. While he did not sign on the website, I had create a profile with the Year book picture for him. I would like the Year Book picture to show up with his obit. I would also like to show that he died this year.

I also checked that our classmates should be made aware of his death.

Thanks for your assistance.

George

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM - Response #7

You do not need to create a profile to have a photo for deceased classmates. You can add the photo directly to the In Memory entry. Go th Edit Site Pages, and click the Edit button next to In Memory, then scroll down the page until you see the name of the classmate you have already added to the In Memory page. Each classmate listed will have an Edit link you can click on to edit the information that shows for them on the In Memory page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.