ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Passwords

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/13/11 01:33 PM Views: 1197 Replies: 3
Friday, May 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Can someone at CC look at my set up and tell me what I've done wrong. It looks to me like a person would have to be logged in to see and use the items on the left hand menu.

But, after I log out I can still see and access the following:

Classmate Profiles

Make Reservations

Best Teacher Survey

Skinny Dipping

Message Forum

#1 Songs from 1966

Faculty Spotlight

Class Reunion Photos

Geezer Archive

A New Top Ten!

Our Alma Mater

1966 History/Videos

Missing Classmates

Contact Us

In Memory

Home Page

Where are the settings so a non logged in visitor can not see and use the links. Can someone unconfuse me.

thanks.

Richard
BearRiver66.com

Friday, May 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM - Response #1

On your Edit Site Pages page, there are 2 columns next to the names of the pages. One is for Active and the other Password. You must check the password box next to any pages that you wish to password protect. The only 2 that we do not recommend passwords for are the homepage and Classmate profiles pages.

Friday, May 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM - Response #2

Richard,
The Administrator of your webiste needs to go in under the secion on the left that reads "Administrator Functions" click on the "Edit Site Functions" Make sure that whatever you do not want the public to see, is checked for password protected. Once this is checked no one will be able to see the data unless they are registered on your site and they are logged in. They still need to remember to LOG off as well.

Tammy

Friday, May 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM - Response #3

I once worked for a development company and learned the expression RTFM. How true. I misread the paragraph on password protection. Thanks for your help.
Embarassed

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.