ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Uploading photos to in memory

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/09/09 08:48 PM Views: 1502 Replies: 9
Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I have 3 pictures of a deceased classmate I want to upload. Well, I did upload and they are on there to me. But when I open his page only one is there. What am I doing wrong please. His name is Chris Hatch. Thanks

Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM - Response #1

There's only 1 photo on the page currently. I tried uploading a test photo to the page just to ensure everything is functioning correclty and had no problems. After selecting the file from your local hard drive be sure you press the "Upload" button next. If you don't press upload obviously the file never transfers. I know you know that already, it's just easy sometimes to press "Ok" and move on, sometimes not even realizing the file didn't actually transfer.

Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 9:27 PM - Response #2

But when I edit classmate info and go to his photos, they are there. But they are not when I do classmate profiles and choose his name...

Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM - Response #3

Oh I see what you're doing. When a Classmate is marked as "deceased", the In Memory entry takes over and the Classmate's former Profile is no longer active by default. Although in the In Memory section you do have a toggle to create a link back to the last known Profile (if there was one) so all of that work is not lost.

What you need to do is upload your photos to the In Memory entry, not the Profile that is now no longer active. I.E.

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your In Memory page
3) Click the Edit link next to the Classmate's name
4) Upload all the photos you want into the In Memory entry

Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 9:40 PM - Response #4

That worked. I did do a search first for the answer. I did something like "uploading in memory photos." I wanted you to know I do try to find it on my own! Thanks so much!!

Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM - Response #5

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure ya did! Wink

No seriously, I appreciate you looking for the answer, but I bet because you gave this thread a very nice descriptive title that it helps at least a few dozen other people down the road who are going to have the exact same question.

Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM - Response #6

I hope so. I bet you get a little tired of answering the same old questions so many times.

Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM - Response #7

Not really. Smile I'm just a name here, but in real life I'm an actual person who's extremely proud of all of this. (I only say that because it's been suggested many times that there are multiple me's, or that I may not even exist at all, which is kinda spooky.) Smile

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 2:46 AM - Response #8

On a similar vein, recently I've gotten a couple of requests from people wanting to post photos to deceased classmates profiles. Is there a way for any classmate to do this or do they need to send me the photo and I upload it since I handle all the In Memory stuff?

Carol (Williams) Merrill
Baker High School '67
"In Memory" administrator

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 3:02 AM - Response #9

If the Classmate knows how to embed images with html code, technically they could do it. But for 99% of Classmates they'd need to send deceased Classmate photos to an admin.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.