ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Buying Tickets and # and Name attending.

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/08/13 12:00 PM Views: 1020 Replies: 4
Monday, April 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We are having problems with classmates not buying tickets but saying 2 are attending the event or buying two tickets and not saying that two are attending and their names.
Why do have to enter a number for buying tickets and a number for attending? Logic would say that if I bought two tickets, that two were attending and all I needed then was their names.
Entering the number twice is causing us problems.
Your help would be appreciated!

Monday, April 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM - Response #1

First thing I want to say is good job on the extensive reunion planner. I do not have an answer as to why people might not be providing the name of their guest when they are registering. You are correct that the selection of 1 ticket would be for 1 person and 2 for 2 etc. If this is continuing to be a problem, you could add a note to the Reunion Information at the top stressing that this information be included during the registration process. Also, noticed that you do not have the field checked for "Require purchase of at least one Ticket item in order to register." ... allowing people to register without paying at the time of registration, while convenient for them, can be a headache for you later as you will need to track these people down for the money. Just a word of caution on that one.

Monday, April 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM - Response #2

When you say 'Require purchase of at least on Ticket item in order to register', does that mean for the reunion or for the one event?

Monday, April 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM - Response #3

That means that for the event in which they are registering, the item that they are "purchasing" for that event, should be marked as a ticket item and they will have to buy that item in order to register for that event. Otherwise, they could register and not buy at the time.

Monday, April 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM - Response #4

I had the same confusion early on. For me an 'event' was one of the days of the reunion. I needed no ticket prices because the price was almost all inclusive. But, in the event (to coin a phrase) one or a couple were not going to go to the dinner or not stay at the hotel, I needed to know. So I chose to establish 3 'events' for 3 days even though there did not exist tickets for all 3 events. Worked out fine; kept everything straight.
Barbara

Edited 04/08/13 2:47 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.