ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Privacy Concerns

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/11/08 03:13 PM Views: 1239 Replies: 3
Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 3:13 PM

Brad,

Would there be a way to only have the boxes for "profile updates", "missing classmates", "where they live", "who's on now", etc. be visible on the home page only after registered users log on?

This way, only registered users would be able to see those names and not web surfers.

Thanks.

Larry

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 8:41 PM - Response #1

Very good idea. Thanks Larry! Added to Task List. See mockup for it at: http://www.classcreator.com/homeedit

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 9:53 PM - Response #2

Brad,

Your proposed fix looks good! Thank you.

I also have an interesting idea to safeguard the "classmates profiles" page. This may be over the top, but you might think about it.

What if a classmate had to enter his/her last name and the page of his/her photo from their H.S. yearbook to register (or another identifying item that only the class would know).

You guys could add a field on each users page for the H.S. photo "page number." The administrator could then enter these page numbers as part of setting up the class list. The registration process would then validate a last name and a page number against the admin's entries on the class list, and if it cross-checked the user would be registered. (minor problem would be people with the same last name...maybe you make the full name as part of the reg process)

Then even the "classmates profiles" listing page could be password protected and not viewed by outsiders.

Ok, I'll stop rambling now. Smile

Larry

Edited 12/11/08 9:56 PM
Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 10:12 PM - Response #3

Slipping on my Devil's Advocate Hat:

1) Many Administrator's have no yearbook
2) Many Classmates do not have a yearbook
3) Many Admins won't want to go to the trouble
4) Page number could be entered incorrectly by the Admin
5) Admin could key the Classmate's last name incorrectly

I.E. in my opinion the concept would prove to be too problematic. Thanks for the suggestion though. Keep 'em comin'.

Edited 12/11/08 10:40 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.