ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Bogus profile information

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/11/08 03:11 PM Views: 1369 Replies: 5
Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 3:11 PM

I'm just getting started on our website and I'm concerned that some of the "class clowns" might create a profile for someone who has not already entered their own. Also, I believe anyone just visiting the site could create a profile as a cruel joke.

Is there a way to prevent such pranks? Perhaps having a password sent to their e-mail box. This would also verify that the e-mail address is valid.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 3:18 PM - Response #1

See the new Preferences area. Detailed in this forum

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=24DF5C2D-F1D2-CBFA-2DB4CE9293BC7193

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 3:21 PM - Response #2

I always send a welcome message when someone joins. I usually get a response to that. I have most of the email addresses for people in my class. I usually can tell about the legitimacy of the email address. I have not run into any problems with "hijacking" as of yet. I would hope that, at our age, we would not have to resort to childish things such as that. Best of luck with your site. Tam

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 3:55 PM - Response #3

We have a lot of jokesters in our class. There have even been a couple that set up bogus profiles on classmates.com, but none have done so on this site. You can always go back to your class database and see if they were truely a classmate.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 4:16 PM - Response #4

A new hijacking security feature is now available. See this thread.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 4:38 PM - Response #5

Thanks, Brad.

That is just what I need. I don't anticipate any problems with hijacking but I want everyone to feel assured that there is security. Since my class consists of senior citizens, many are highly suspicious of technology.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.