ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Gallery drop down menu

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/23/20 07:02 PM Views: 446 Replies: 6
Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 7:02 PM

I am going to have a number of galleries. How can I get the various gallery names to drop down from the main gallery link?

Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 8:17 PM - Response #1

Create a page and then put all the galleries one level below it. The created page will show up as a link and the drop down menu will show all the galleries beneath it. For example hover over the link Class Breakfasts on my site.

You can have additional indention as each year beneath in my arrangement contains all the galleries for that year each of which has up to 12 galleries. That latter indented hierarchy is set up in the Gallery Creator.

Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 8:44 PM - Response #2

The challenge is that I cannot see the galleries in the edit page area. Only the main gallery page shows up, not the individual albums (galleries) so I cannot move them under the root gallery.

Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 9:08 PM - Response #3
Class Breakfast Structure.pdf

My Class Breakfast structure is shown in the attached screen shots.

Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 9:44 PM - Response #4

Hi Cindy,

There are two options at the top of Galleries - on the top left you create a gallery link (this creates a navigation link) on the top right you create a gallery.

You can then assign Galleries to a link. So if you want each gallery to have a link you need to create a Gallery Link for each one and then assign the gallery to a link. Many sites want a single gallery link and lots of sub-galleries while others want a link for each one so the structure will accommodate for both.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, August 24, 2020 at 9:40 AM - Response #5

Got it! Works great! One more question. Is there a way to make the text in the submenu smaller or the box bigger so that it looks a bit nicer? Thanks.

Monday, August 24, 2020 at 2:59 PM - Response #6

Sort of. When you create a submenu the "class" is different from the rest. So you can make the "Galleries" (or anything with a submenu) font larger but not the submenu. Submenu itself mods would modify ALL the other elements too.

For just the "Galleries" add this as a style in "Preferences" - in ADVANCED SITE TRACKING WITH GOOGLE ANALYTICS. That will automatically propagate it to ALL your pages. If you wanted to change the hover you'd have to also modify that. CSS is in this file so can see various elements

view-source:http://www.dulutheast1971.com/templates/100/assets/css/nav.css

Edited 08/25/20 10:58 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.