ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Email the Class Problem: 8/18/2014

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/18/14 02:19 PM Views: 1066 Replies: 13
Monday, August 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Could someone check to see if emails are working correctly. I sent an email to our class at 7:23 this morning and as of 2:19, I have not received my copy.

Thanks, Bob

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM - Response #1

There does not appear to be a large email queue at this time. I will have Jessica look at the email server and reply.

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 3:09 PM - Response #2

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think the email sender does not get a copy of the email sent to the class.

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 3:32 PM - Response #3

I always get copies of the emails I send. I look for one every email I send as I place a copy on the site under "Archives: Email" for new members to read, if they wish.

Edited 08/18/14 3:33 PM
Monday, August 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM - Response #4

Yes, I always get a copy, too. But, it is possible to exclude yourself. But I never do that so I make sure it goes out.
Is it possible that you excluded your own email address when you sent it out to the others?
BarbaraQuestionIdea

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM - Response #5

I always get an email I send to the class, as I want to know when they receive it. However, I found the day before that it took several hours before it went out. Must have been a lot in the queue

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM - Response #6

I always get an email I send to the class, as I want to know when they receive it. However, I found the day before that it took several hours before it went out. Must have been a lot in the queue

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM - Response #7

The sender would indeed receive the email based upon their own Notify Me settings. Bob - did that email the class ever come though for you?

Monday, August 18, 2014 at 7:33 PM - Response #9

As of 7:33 pm I have not received a copy of the email. I always get a copy.

Bob

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 12:22 AM - Response #10

Did you check your spam?& check your email on file? Is it possible it got changed? at the site? Lastly, can you call a friend alumnus to see if they received he email?
Barbara

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 8:08 AM - Response #11

Other classmates received the email. I checked spam folders and trash and do not have a copy. I just sent an email to myself from the system and it came through in less than a minute, so I'm convinced the email system is not backed up.

Guess I'll have to chalk this one up to "Unknown".

Thanks for everyone's help. Bob

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 1:21 PM - Response #12

Bob, could you please add an alternate email account to your profile. If we can determine that this is connected to your primary email account then we can at least send a copy of the received email to your primary email provider and see if they can determine why the emails are being held up. I usually suggest gmail for this test.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM - Response #13

Scott, I just added my alternate email to my contact info. That is a good idea since both go through different places, i.e., mindspring.com and nc.rr.com.

Bob

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.