ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

File Manager (FCKeditor)

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/11/10 09:50 AM Views: 1251 Replies: 2
Friday, June 11, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Hey Idea,

I would like to suggest adding a link under admin functions that would open the fckeditor (File Manager) this may alleviate some of the confusion on uploading and managing files and images used to edit web pages.

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 4:16 PM - Response #1

The File Manager is part of the editor. If we did that, what exactly would people be editing, and if they inserted a file on the page what page would it go onto? If there was a dedicated File Manager area only I can understand how this would be helpful, but with the Editor and the File Manager all working as one module, I'm not sure how we'd just link to only 1 part of it.

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 9:27 AM - Response #2

Hey,
As usual I am misspeaking Embarassed when I open CC’s file manager the name one the tab is “FCKeditor-Resource Browser” I was just not exactly sure what your called it. With that said, I still think having a shortcut to the file manager module would be convenient way to organize ones files. For example let’s say I have a order form posted somewhere and I would like to update it I would have to open the Edit Site pages and seven clicks later I would be at the place to exchange the file. If I had a link under Admin functions it would be 1 click away. Note all one has to do is add the url to their favorites and its available but some people don’t know that.

Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.