ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Pages not protected are not available

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/05/09 07:59 PM Views: 1251 Replies: 4
Monday, October 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I have created pages using the Survey Maker. One of these pages is the First Visit page and should be available for all users whether they are logged in or not.

I just found out that no one can see the First Visit page unless they are logged in.

What have I done wrong that makes this page password protected even though I don't have "password" checked?

Thanx,
Cheryl

Edited 10/05/09 8:16 PM
Monday, October 5, 2009 at 8:25 PM - Response #1

You have done nothing wrong. Anytime you use a SURVEY page, it can only be accessed by a logged in classmate or logged in guest.

If you want something visible to EVERYONE, it must use a custom page.

Monday, October 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle, that fixed it, but I am out of those customizable pages! This multi-year site eats 'em up real fast.

Maybe as a suggestion, the Survey pages could be made so we can make them password protected or not?

also, sure would be nice if we could arrange the order of all these pages. That's a biggie!

Thanks, again,
Cheryl

Monday, October 5, 2009 at 9:35 PM - Response #3

More customizable pages are on the "Task List". I can't tell you when, but I know it is a major feature that is being planned for.

Also, I think at the same time (but I don't know for sure), is the ability to arrange the order of the customizable pages and survey pages. I think when it gets programmed, it will have UP and DOWN arrows like the EDIT HOME PAGE and ANNOUNCEMENTS have right now.

The idea about having surveys that can be password protected or not wouldn't work because surveys are supposed to have questions and the answers to those questions need to be associated with a Member ID (classmate's profile ID) in order to be stored in the database. (PS. The Idea has been suggested before and this is what Brad has said before).

Monday, October 5, 2009 at 10:26 PM - Response #4

Correct. There's some good reasons for only showing survey pages to members who are capable of completing the survey. More Custom Link Pages are coming, stay tuned.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.