ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Setting Universal Font Size

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/14/22 01:51 PM Views: 3207 Replies: 2
Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 1:51 PM

Is there a way to increase the default font size for all menus, messages, etc?

My class is getting old, and I've been getting complaints about the 12pt font.

I know how to increase font size on home page and other pages I create, but there are many system-controlled areas where I cannot see how to change the font size.

Note: I used the size tag set at 16 for this question.

Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 5:58 PM - Response #1

I don't believe it's possible to increase the default font size for menus and messages. A user may use the zoom function on his computer or phone to increase the font size on these pages. That's a pretty easy fix.

Edited 08/14/22 5:59 PM
Monday, August 15, 2022 at 3:11 PM - Response #2

Yes, you can change the font size using CSS for those areas. There are various areas. This changes the font size of the menus only. (Responsive Design is different).

Put this in Preferences, Google Analytics.

Caution: This changes spacing, etc and can cause menu display issues. For example, your TOP menu line no longer displays 1973 History/Videos correctly. So you need to shorten that description to 1973 Hist.

There are other areas with spacing to consider. I would not go past 14px unless other mods are made. Let's see if this is enough. Gets a bit involved as you see how it is affecting the rest Confused Responsive design is better here for this sort of thing - overrides.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.