ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery nesting

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/16/22 11:29 PM Views: 3377 Replies: 6
Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 11:29 PM

I go to Gallery Creator and create a link (class photos)
I then create a photo gallery that goes within that link (class sports teams)
I now want to create a subgallery for each sport (basketball, football,, etc.) but cannot figure out a way to do that. I tried creating the photo gallery and then dragging it into the other photo gallery but it wont let me.

Ideas or is this impossible?

Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 1:29 PM - Response #1

Go to your Edit Site Pages and see the "template" I just created. It's all inactive, but it illustrates the idea. There is a Photos page added via Edit Site page with 2 Gallery Pages that I created with the Gallery Creator... both have a gallery. They will appear as drop down items for Photos. Is this what you are looking for?

Note, to create dropdown menus, it's a simple click and drag right and drop of the page name in Edite Site Pages.

Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 7:25 PM - Response #2

That is exactly what I am looking for Thank you so much. I was trying the drag and drop in photo gallery and it was not working.

Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 7:30 PM - Response #3

BUT, now that I have them created, How do I move the pictures from the other gallery down into them? When I go into gallery creator and select one of the current folders (wrestling), I select Change gallery, but the ones that I created (sub galleries) do not appear??
NEVER MIND - I figured out that I have to have them at the same level before nesting in order to move the photos.

Edited 11/20/22 4:27 PM
Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 8:24 PM - Response #4

Okay, now I'm stumped. I have moved them into the folder I want them, but can't figure out how to make new photo galleries in there that allow classmates to upload???

Could you please give me, the newbie, step by step instructions on how you did your magic?
thanks

Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 10:52 PM - Response #5

Tim (Admin) Powers wrote:

... how to make new photo galleries in there that allow classmates to upload???

Every Gallery has Permissions that default to Admin. Change the Upload Permission on the gallery to All Visitors

Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 12:13 AM - Response #6

Excellent idea, Tim! I'm filing it under "why didn't I think of that?"

Tim (Admin) Powers wrote:

I go to Gallery Creator and create a link (class photos)
I then create a photo gallery that goes within that link (class sports teams)
I now want to create a subgallery for each sport (basketball, football,, etc.) but cannot figure out a way to do that. I tried creating the photo gallery and then dragging it into the other photo gallery but it wont let me.

Ideas or is this impossible?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.