ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Background color

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/11/08 09:21 AM Views: 1368 Replies: 5
Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 9:21 AM

I noticed a few sites where the background color is white to blend the announcements onto the home page. Right now I have a gray block for this. Is there a way to alleviate the gray block?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 9:32 AM - Response #1

Quote:

I noticed a few sites where the background color is white

Few sites where? on class creator?

You can put a background color on your announcement so that it will be contrasted against the grey. You do this by putting the announcement in a table and setting a background color on the table.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 2:50 PM - Response #2

Maybe not the background. If you look at my site you will see all my announcements are in a gray box, which don't match the background of being white. I thought I see some sites where this all blended in. I think it would look better being all white.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 4:58 PM - Response #3

Mike:

My guess is that the sites you are referring to have announcements unchecked - so they do not display - hence no grey background.

Instead they just post everything in the main body of the home page. I believe I am correct in saying that if you use announcements you will have a gray background which you can modify if you use tables as I explained in an earlier post. See my homepage so you can see what I mean.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 8:22 PM - Response #4

Ah ha, that makes sense. Thanks for your help!!

Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM - Response #5

Thanks for the information you posted about the background color for announcements. I thought I'd try a table for a while and see how I like it. I may change to having no announcements to get the gray off, but it's mostly covered now by putting a background color in the table.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.