ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Donations

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/18/10 03:44 PM Views: 1422 Replies: 4
Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM

How do I collection donations from class members through the website?

Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 3:46 PM - Response #1

The easiest way to do it is by using the built in Donations module, which utilizes PayPal:

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to home page
3) Click the Manage Donations link and follow the instructions on screen
4) Be sure to activate your Donate module by placing a checkmark in the Active column

Now view your home page -- you'll see your new Donate Module at the right along with the other right hand modules.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM - Response #2

Debbie...

One way I found that works really well, is start with yourself donating, adding your name to the list, and do the same with every subsequent donation you get. People love seeing their name listed, especially as soon as they log in. It makes others want to give something as well so as not be outdone. Look at my homepage, on the right hand side, and you'll see what I mean. I put the newest names at the top.

Good Luck! -Doug

Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 9:28 PM - Response #3

We had great success by adding an item to purchase when classmates purchased tickets to the reunion. We just had an item, "donations for reunion" or something similar with a "price" of $5 or whatever you want. They could add any quantity they wanted to contribute. Almost everyone donated at least a quantity of 1, with most giving more. Several purchased a quantity of 20 which gave us a $100 donation. The amount was just added to their checkout. We also used the Paypal donation option, but only 2 people used it. Manually, I then put a list of everyone who donated on the home page, but I didn't list amounts. Good luck!

Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM - Response #4

I have also had great success using the the website to solicit donations on our Reunion ticket page. I am now getting ready to setup a page titled "The Store" where we can sell fundraisers type items and solicit webisite donations.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.