ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased Notification

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/16/12 05:14 PM Views: 1453 Replies: 7
Friday, March 16, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I have checked marked the "Receive Deceased Classmate Notifications" in the profiles of all our reunion contacts on my multi-year site as well as my own. However, even though I've added deceased classmates since then, I've never received any notifications, nor has anyone else to my knowledge. Is there something else I'm supposed to do or is this feature not working? I would like my reunion contacts to know when we hear of someone from their class that has passed away without having to email each one of them directly.

Thanks,
Jana

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM - Response #1

The Grant Admin Rights for "Receive Deceased Classmate Notifications" is for the CONTACT US form that is at the bottom of the In Memory page. When you and/or your classmates view the IN MEMORY page, at the very bottom, it says this: "If you are aware of a Classmate who should be added to this page please click here.".

If anyone clicks on "Click here", they will open up a contact-us form to be sent to you with the details of the deceased classmates. If nobody clicks on "click here", you won't get any e-mail.

The "Receive Deceased Classmate Notifications" is not to receive an e-mail when someone gets added to your In Memory page. (watch for the new feature called "NOTIFY ME" for this functionality)

Friday, April 27, 2012 at 12:04 PM - Response #2

Kyle Erickson wrote:

The "Receive Deceased Classmate Notifications" is not to receive an e-mail when someone gets added to your In Memory page. (watch for the new feature called "NOTIFY ME" for this functionality)

Kyle, this is also exactly what we were discussing a need for in last week's board of directors meeting. We have one individual who does all of the research and updates for our "In Memory" section (a big job on a site with over 22,000 alumni).

Can you give us any hints as to when this may be available?

Friday, April 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM - Response #3

If there is anything we have learned during the development of Class Creator, it is that we can never make reliable predictions about when new features will be available. Wink

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM - Response #4

Kyle,
That "notify me" is a great idea. I am guessing that it will notify me when someone is added or when someone adds a comment, right?

Is this going to be done tuesday?

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM - Response #5

It will be done on Tuesday (or Wednesday, or Thursday, or Friday, or some other weekday). There is a one in seven chance it WILL BE DONE on a Tuesday

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM - Response #6

How do I approve the darned things? I received the notification in email that someone has completed the *In Memory* form but I cannot figure out where to go (as administrator) to approve the entry.

-Lisa

P.S. It would be nice if you had a search function for your whole site as a permanent feature of your header bar. Smile

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM - Response #7

You don't approve an e-mail. It is just information for you. You must copy/paste the information into the newly added In Memory Classmate.

Do the following:
Edit Site Pages,
Edit IN MEMORY
Scroll down, look for the classmate's name or type their name in the search box.
Click the ADD DECEASED CLASSMATE button
Now scroll down to that classmate's name and click the EDIT link to add all the information you know about the classmate who is now deceased.
Save the changes.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.