ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Admins in Bradenton, FL area?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/09/13 01:23 PM Views: 945 Replies: 11
Monday, September 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I'm in the Bradenton, FL area for a few days and wondering if there are any admins who may wish to get together for coffee or a coke and talk web sites. There may be a place we could meet with laptops in hand to access each other sites at the same time.

Not only do I need a break right now, I'd truly enjoy meeting other admins face-to-face. Smile

Anyone?

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM - Response #1

Gwen,
You always come up with the best ideas. I too am going to Lakeland, Florida for 2 weeks in February and would like to meet up with other admins. This kind of interaction can be so helpful to each of us as well as making "New" special friends. Very HappyVery Happy

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM - Response #2

Would it be too 'cumbersome' for CC to create some sort of 'database' that we could 'query,' NOT download, but simply allow Admin's to opt into, to receive such notices if they lived in a particular area [by possibly entering an area code or such]?
Last Summer, I traveled over 5,300 miles in 47 days, and found our AFTER the fact that many admins. were along my route and they were NOT living the area of the school.

Just another 'wishful thinking' from the Texas Gulf Coast! Laughing

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM - Response #3

Steve, I thought of that but there are some who prefer their privacy. I think putting the word out allows those interested to speak up or send a private message. If someone wants to get together, we hope they do not miss the message. Smile

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM - Response #4

Bob, I pray I will be home and all settled in Charleston by February. However, that does not mean I can't make a drive South! I hope you'll remind me when the time comes. Smile

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM - Response #5

Hi Gwen - I'm in Estero (between Fort Myers & Naples), or will be by end of Sept. And, I stay until end of May, 2014. I'd love to get together, share ideas.

Our 55th class reunion ended a month ago, & they were so pleased with the website, we received enough donations to prepay for 5 years. SO, need ideas to keep it interesting! I am also looking to bring on a co-admin, but seems that most of these 73 year olds are not very computer savvy. I keep trying to get them to participate with ideas, but it's tough! So, would love to connect with others like me! Thanks. Carole Christopher
PS? I do work part time at a furniture consignment store, & Bradenton is a couple of hours away. Perhaps when you know how many & where we are located, we could find a common area to meet halfway.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM - Response #6

Gwen Corey wrote:

Bob, I pray I will be home and all settled in Charleston by February. However, that does not mean I can't make a drive South! I hope you'll remind me when the time comes. Smile

Gwen ; is that Charleston S.C.? That is where I am from, Still have a lot of cousins that live in the area

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM - Response #7

Florida, the snowbirds heaven... Wink

Hi CaroleChris, I do want to get back home (Charleston) but have no idea how long I will be in Brandenton. I may be leaving as soon as Friday. IF I am in the area early October, we'll make a plan. IF not, hopefully I can plan to come back down for a visit. Either way, y'all can meet without me but please take pictures and post them! Smile

Feel free to ask where I am when you get to FL, CaroleChris. Smile

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM - Response #8

Yes, it is Charleston, SC, Bill! We moved to Charleston in 1988. Smile

William Leggett wrote:

Gwen Corey wrote:

Gwen ; is that Charleston S.C.? That is where I am from, Still have a lot of cousins that live in the area

Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM - Response #9

CaroleChris,

I did mosey on up the highway to the St. Pete area. Without looking at a map, I am guessing that put more distance between us... but where there is a will, there is a way.

Here is what I am thinking... My car has a slight problem in that the a/c is cold but not getting into the car; apparently a flap is broken. When we discover exactly what it is (possibly a broken cable) and friends take the dashboard out and replace it... I'll write again.

Anyone in the area who wishes to get together... let's do it!

Edited 10/06/13 12:28 PM
Friday, January 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM - Response #10

Just now saw this...I'm in Ruskin, Fl from early October until early May. Not too far from Bradenton. If you ever want to make contact...

Diane

Friday, January 2, 2015 at 6:04 PM - Response #11

Bob, CarolChris, Deb & Diane:

I started a new thread to see if we can put together a gathering soon.
Go to this NEW THREAD to reply, please.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.