ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Page loading funky, refresh cleans it up

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/20/09 12:30 PM Views: 1326 Replies: 2
Friday, March 20, 2009 at 12:30 PM

One of my pages that (of course!) has embedded issuu code intially loads way to the left behind the left nav. If I refresh, it cleans up fine. I have tried ctrl-f5, same issue. I have had other pages with issuu embedding that have worked fine. Same behaviour on IE and Firefox. Any ideas?

The troubled page is at www.caseclassof79.com, the Memorabilia page.

TIA

Edited 03/20/09 12:30 PM
Friday, March 20, 2009 at 12:51 PM - Response #1

This is like the car with a bad rattle that no longer rattles when you take it to the shop. I looked at your page in 2 browsers and can't reproduce this. Either that, or the page is loading so fast I'm just not seeing it. I'm on a very fast connection here so that is certainly possible. Try this though: Put the Issu plugin inside of a table with a specific defined pixel width. My guess is the browser is not interpreting the width of the Issue plugin, and it may be taking a moment for the elements on your page to "sort themselves out." That can cause this kind of jumpy "funky" behavior as you put it. If you put a table in there it may act as a container of sorts, and help the page render correctly by giving the page a predifined area for the Issue plugin to load into. Give it a whirl.

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM - Response #2

Well, I guess that's a good thing! As long as all my users don't have problems, I'm happy.

L'll give it a try though. I had tried enclosing everything in a simple table, but with a 100% width rather than pixels.

Maybe at work they block some stuff, and part of that stuff causes initial load problems.

Thanks for a great service.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.