ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Respondsive Design Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/12/16 12:25 PM Views: 1420 Replies: 13
Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Hi, Yesterday I switched all too quickly to the new design, which fine, but the problem is with the Notifications. Our site, luckily is very active and classmates complained they had to individually delete each notification under their Icon, some up to 40. They also get an email, which I told them they could change under their preferences. I guess as Administrator I have no choice to automatically receive them.

In the future when I change back to the Responsive Design will there be a better way to manage the notifications?

Thank you for all your help. I always appreciate your thorough and accurate information!

Janice

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 3:19 PM - Response #1

I am already working with my programmer on a solution for this issue. I hope to have something to launch soon.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 6:43 PM - Response #2

Scott: I changed back to the old format because of complaints

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 2:44 PM - Response #3

Still working on the proposed solution. Hope to have one soon.

Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 9:38 PM - Response #4

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Still working on the proposed solution. Hope to have one soon.

Scott,

Have you all made any progress on this? I just switched to the responsive design, July 1, 2016, and not only are 20 notifications showing, it is impossible to delete them, even after clicking delete and confirm. I've tried using Chrome, and PaleMoon (Firefox derivitave).

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 2:52 PM - Response #5

Not yet. I will remind the programmer of this desired update.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 4:37 PM - Response #6

Great! Thanks!

In the mean time, is there any way to delete the 20 notifications that appear firmly attached to the bell whenever I log on to the site? Any manual work-arounds that I might try?

Would they reset if I changed from the Responsive Design, then back again?

If we change from the Responsive Design to another design, then back again, are all (or any) backups retained for each design, or do we have to start all over once we change? The ability to save at least the last version of both would be nice if it is not already there.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 5:16 PM - Response #7

When you click the bell, each notification has a X in the upper right corner to delete.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 12:35 AM - Response #8

Yes, thanks, I was aware of that, the only problem was that when I clicked to delete each one, and confirmed OK to Delete, they just recycled and the same messages appeared over and over. At least that's how it looked.

I deleted all 20 three different times (60 in all) and each time they reappeared. I finally realized they actually were being deleted and I was seeing duplicated titles. Apparently there is a maximum of 20 notifications on the Bell, but apparently hundreds to delete. It took almost an hour to delete them all.

Obviously my suggestion would be to ask the programmer to give us a "Delete All Notifications" option, or ideally, a box to select/deselect all. That way we could select all, then clear the box on any messages we might want to save.

Also, in order to select a notification to delete, your cursor has to be almost perfectly on the X, otherwise you end up going to the classmates profile page. If the programmer could expand the area around the X (to delete), to perhaps a quarter inch more, to where we didn't have to be so perfectly aligned, it would speed up the process significantly. As it is, the best I could do was delete 5 a minute, and at that rate it took almost an hour to delete all the notifications.

Is there any sort of workaround to do a mass delete for the website in general until the programmer can get to it? Would changing from the Responsive Design, then back to it reset all the classmates' notifications to zero?

If I change the design, then change it back, do I loose all the saved backups of each design and have to start from scratch on each one, or do the designs restore to the prior version?

Edited 07/07/16 12:41 AM
Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 4:38 PM - Response #9

The programmer says he will take another look. I'll let you know when I get the update.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 4:49 PM - Response #10

The programmer has reported that they "Increased size of Delete icon on all notifications"

Friday, December 2, 2016 at 12:33 AM - Response #11

Thank you for the update!

Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 4:10 PM - Response #12

Scott and Brad,

Two of our classmates have had family medical problems that lead to massive messages and many notifications that needed to be deleted.

I just wanted to thank you all again for adding the ability to delete these quickly and easily. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 4:39 PM - Response #13

You're welcome!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.