ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How do site members turn off notifications?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/28/17 12:27 PM Views: 773 Replies: 7
Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 12:27 PM

Everyone on our site seems to get a notification when a new classmate joins, updates info or changes/ updates info. With almost 600 classmates, they're getting way too much email and missing important communications. How can individuals turn off add/change notifications from classmates but still receive communications from Site Admin and system (when it's time to update their info.)? Thanks!

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 2:09 PM - Response #1

They need to go to their own Member Functions and review their Notify Me settings to adjust as desired.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 4:12 PM - Response #2

Scott,

Can we possibly rethink the Notify Me options?

Many of our classmates have told me that they did Not want to select NEVER, but that was the only option available other than Immediately and Daily.

Do we really want to IRRITATE our classmates into choosing NEVER? Sort of defeats all our efforts doesn't it?

There REALLY needs to be an option between Daily and Never. Weekly, every 2 weeks, and monthly would be significantly better than to annoy our classmates into selecting NEVER because Daily is too much for them.

(AND for Admin messages, the Daily disappears and they are left with Immediately and Never.)

Any possibility you all might reconsider this?

Pretty Please?

(I might imagine that there are some categories that might stack up to much to be practical to save and send in bulk, but there are other categories that would not. Possibly do the easy ones and skip the complicated.)

Additionally, we can select notification when: "A Classmate whose profile I'm subscribed to has an upcoming birthday." Any chance we can opt to receive a message about all birthdays, not just the ones we are Subscribed to?

That has been requested by several of our classmates who like to send a personal email rather than posting on the website, but have a few days advanced notice. Yes, I realize upcoming birthdays are listed on the Home Page, but they asked, so I'm passing it on.

Also, any possibility of displaying a week or two worth of Past Birthdays for those Belated Birthday Wishes? Very helpful for those who visit bi-weekly.

Thank you all for a wonderful website and I hope you might consider these suggestions.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 4:25 PM - Response #3

Is there a way for the Admin to see all those that have set their notifications to "NEVER" for;
An administrator sends an email to all Classmates (strongly recommended)

People can perhaps do this unintentionally and how do we know who has done this?

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 4:34 PM - Response #4

Gary - Brad has reviewed the suggested changes to the Notify Me options in the past and has decided that he does not want to make any changes to these options. I do not see any changes to the Notify Me options happening in the future.

Ron - you can see info on settings by going to Statistics > Notify Me Statistics > and there will be a list of all Notify Me options as well as numbers out to the right that indicates how many people have their setting in that particular selection. Click the number and scroll down the page to a list of member names.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 4:49 PM - Response #5

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 9:37 PM - Response #6

Thanks Scott that answers my question perfectly. Great feature. I learn something every day

Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 4:15 PM - Response #7

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Gary - Brad has reviewed the suggested changes to the Notify Me options in the past and has decided that he does not want to make any changes to these options. I do not see any changes to the Notify Me options happening in the future.

Thanks Scott,

I knew Brad had considered it in the past, but was hoping that with time, it made enough sense to reconsider an option between Daily and Never.

I'll still hold on to my hope. I appreciate the reply!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.