ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

standalone popup playlist

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/02/08 03:38 PM Views: 1369 Replies: 5
Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 3:38 PM

I have already added the playlist to my homepage. However, like others, the music stops playing as soon as you leave the homepage.

From what I understand from others, I should use the popup version to keep that from happening. Now that I have the original playlist on my homepage, if I switch to the standalone pop up version, I won't lose all the songs I already have stored will I? It will play on all of the pages correct?

Also, is there a way to setup something to play just on the Memory page and no other page?

Thanks in advance! Smile

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 10:11 PM - Response #1

What I have done is pause the music, then click on popout player. That will open up another screen where you click on "launch player". Another screen will open and start playing. If you don't pause the music first, you will have the original one competing with the popout player. Once you do that you can go to any of the other pages. Good luck. Tam

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 11:01 PM - Response #2

Kimberly Rice wrote:

I have already added the playlist to my homepage. However, like others, the music stops playing as soon as you leave the homepage.

From what I understand from others, I should use the popup version to keep that from happening. Now that I have the original playlist on my homepage, if I switch to the standalone pop up version, I won't lose all the songs I already have stored will I? It will play on all of the pages correct?

Also, is there a way to setup something to play just on the Memory page and no other page?

Thanks in advance! Smile

You can set up different music to play for each In Memory entry. But if you want people to be able to continue the music and browse to other areas of the site you'd also have to use the pop out player. When the new File Library feature is available you'll also be able to include music other than Playlist.com.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 6:36 PM - Response #3

Thanks for your responses!

Brad, I have another question for you. I pasted the html code for the playlist on our game page labeled Recess! 80's Arcade.

The player is there and is working great, but I would like to have everything centered in the middle of that page. Right now, it's off centered to the left.

How in the world do I get it centered in the middle of the page below my the last game? I would like to also put the player on our other page with pictures from our reunion, but I can't get it in the center of that page either, so I just deleted it off of that page for now. I don't know much about html coding.

By the way, I just want to take this time and tell you what a great job you guys are doing with classcreator.com and thank you for timely responses! You da bomb Brad! Have a great evening!

Kimberly

Edited 09/10/08 6:46 PM
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 10:19 PM - Response #4

Thank you Kimberly.

Centering is easy. Just do this:

your content here

I.E. the first

tells the web browser to begin centering. Then anything out put after it (like your code) will be centered. Then you tell the browser to stop centering with an end center tag, like this:

Helpful tip: Google "html tutorial" and you'll find all kinds of free html tutorials online that will teach you the basics of html. With just a little knowledge of html (which is super easy for anybody) you can get pretty dangerous with your editor. Smile

Edited 09/10/08 10:19 PM
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 10:34 PM - Response #5

Thanks Brad!!

It worked.Smile I am going to check out the html tutorial that you mentioned in your post.

Have a great evening and thanks again!

Kimberly

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.