ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How do i save changes i make to the Event Planner?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/28/19 12:32 AM Views: 625 Replies: 4
Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 12:32 AM

Our 55th Reunion will only be a one night event hosted at my house. There is no charge, but asking if they would consider a donation at the door.

I need to use the planner to get a list of people coming for catering purposes so i know how many to plan for

I filled out the Planner basics but want to add Reunion Questions, but every time i try to do that i don't see a way to "Save Changes"

I have tried just using the Dashboard to Edit this Activity and add my Registration questions ..then it says 'close question' but no way to Save it

I have tried hitting the Edit the event and then adding the questions and hitting Save the Changes but they are never saved.

I have hit preview changes and Publish but nothing saves me new questions

HOw do i go back and add registration questions and save them?

I am unclear as to the 'preview' and 'publih' buttons and every time i hit any of those top links i get a drop down box that says if i leave the site my changes may not be saved.... and then a 'leave' and 'cancel' button and regardless of which i hit ..nothing is saved...how do you leave the site without getting that drop down page....how do i leave and know my changes will be saved?

Lastly, on the Turtorial on this subject, i see that there is always a 'save chages' button visible when the instructor is explaining the Registration Questions ...but i never see that when i am adding Questions.

What am i missing pls? thanks for any help.

Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 2:04 PM - Response #1

Hi Nancee,

The Event Planner has a built in way of handling the questions you are adding as custom questions such as guest name. It is best to use the built in options in case you want to use the nage tag feature or have an automatic list of names and guests.

I see three saved questions. I would remove the ones about bringing a guest and guest name as we already have a statement under the area where they select the quantity of the tickets stating that you should include yourself and any quests you are bringing in the quantity above.

If they select two as the quantity the next screen will automatically ask the names of each guest. If the event had been one that included a meal selection this is where they would be able to assign a meal selection for each guest as well. I realize you don't need that for this event I'm just letting you know as this wasn't part of the original reunion planner you may have used in the past.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 4:22 PM - Response #2

Thank you Jessica... i did understand all that you said...in fact, some of the changes that i was trying to save were eliminating the guest questions ... i have deleted them several times but the deletion never gets saved
i want to ask if they want to participate in the Free Mic
I want to ask if the will volunteer for set up / clean up... transportation from the parking area .... greeting and name tags .... etc etc.. but every time i use the custom question to type those in, i do not know how to save it...

So these are my questions:

1 ... that is my main question here ..how do you SAVE additions or changes to the Custom Question section??

2 .... and explain when i use the "preview changes,///" publish" buttons ????

3.... how do i leave the page without getting that drop down box saying that if i leave my changes won't be saved ??

4 or you saying that the Event Planner as programmed will not work for my one nite, free, event and the best i can do is just use the Description section?

5 The most important thing i need is for them to register so i have a head count ...will this program do that?

I really need more specific answer if you can please...thanks

Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 11:22 PM - Response #3

Also ..is there a way for me to turn the planer on and only view it as an admin so i can see what the class will see when i make the planner totally active?

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 7:34 PM - Response #4

I know you are busy, but could someone please answer my last 2 messages?

Thanks

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.