ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Understanding class counts

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/12/10 03:20 PM Views: 1353 Replies: 5
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Brad & team;

Again as always, Class Creator Rocks! All our members are enjoying our site better than Classmates.com or Reunion.com!

Where exactly do the 'In Memory' fit in the picture? Thoough they may be 'Inactive,' they are accounted for. They won't change - so once again, where do they fit in the statistics?

On our site, www.moval-high.com which is a multi-class site, we have 4000+ Vikings! Which 426 are active, 3863 Inactive with 69 In Memory.

If I understand this right... 3863+426= 4289 Total

If 69 'In Memory,' are accounted, too me are active, because they have known locations, and can receive Postings from other Vikings (pretty close to email,) then I feel they should be counted in the Active column.

Because all of us will agree that, we strieve to locate our friends from Hs and wiil stop at nothing less then 100%!

Since this is the year for 'change,' how about it? You could easiley place a * after the Active number and note it as deceased counted as Active.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 11:29 PM - Response #1

Well, my problem there is deceased were never intended to show up as "Active." In fact I think doing so would be confusing, and most likely cause a lot of complaints as the way people are counted has been heavily discussed previously here. "Active" is meant to show how many actual members there are using the web site and nothing more. Any Missing Classmates and Deceased Clasmates wouldn't be counted as being active members. Having said that though, I understand your point that you're trying to demonstrate to everyone your goal of finding as close to 100% of your Classmates as possible. This is really what the built-in "Missing Classmates" feature is for. A Classmate marked as deceased no longer appears on your Missing Classmates list. I'd gauge your success based on that list. Also note, if you use the "Active Classmates" pie chart on your home page, that pie chart does not include deceased Classmates. It only shows the difference between possible active members and actual active members. The chart was created like this due to prior questions such as yours above, with people wanting to show how successful they were at finding all Classmates possible.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM - Response #2

Brad,

That is why you are you and now I can answer some more emails with your bullets that make most sense, but some of my people are at that age of senality! They just want me to find their friends armed with no more than a name and most of the time a yearbook picture! Girls are worst on two counts (as first off, they are the worst offenders.) One, they want me to find their girl friends and can get pretty testy in emails. Two, they can see the difficulty of the name game that girls do when they marry/divorce/re-marry/divorce. but they wait 45-years to all of a sudden want to get in touch.

On the more positive side, more people rant and rave over the site and these holidays prove it when I look at the statictic chart. from Christmas to now, the usage has nearly tripled, while gaining 2.5%

Yea, I am stoked and applaud all of you.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 1:53 PM - Response #3

Brad,

Is there a way to have a 'No Computer' status? I have aproximately 10 members that I have been in contact with that do not have computer access. (Beleive it or not) It would be nice to add them into the ACTIVE CLASSMATES total. It would stop various classmates from searching for them. You could then add a section of people that have to be snail mailed in the REUNION TRACKER.

Just a thought, Jim

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM - Response #4

Hmmmm. I'm not sure somebody with no computer who's not really using the web site should be counted as active. Active is specifically intended to represent that somebody has joined the web site and is an active member -- somebody you can email and chat with, etc. However, if you're willing to act as a liaison between somebody without a computer and your actuall Classmate members of the site, there's no reason you can't go in and join the site on behalf of those Classmates. You'd probably have to put something in the Profile indicating that the individual really isn't using the web site and has no computer, which I'm assuming would disuay Classmates from attempting to send that individual an email through the site. Either that or you'd need to be willing to pass along any messages to the non-computer member via snail mail.

Edited 01/13/10 3:25 PM
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM - Response #5

Brad,
Hmmm! Sounds like some of mine are over here too! She/he should read how you answered my question --- because I now get it!!

However the snail mail to the In Memory site probably gets the same response as mine! At least they can get access to computers (i.e. Brothers or sisters/ kids/ grandkids!)

I tell mine now to have them go to any of the free email accounts and sign up and then when they come in contact they can check their profiles or the message boards!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.