ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

email notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/28/13 06:50 PM Views: 964 Replies: 13
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Are my classmates receiving the email notifications of new and updated pages or just me? Bonita. I know there is an unsubscribe box on bottom, but I hope they are not going to receive every mistake and remake that I do! B

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM - Response #1

When you edit a page Classmates can subscribe to you see this option:

Notify classmates that this page has been updated.

If you wish for your updates to go out to the list of people who subscribed to receive them leave the box checked. If you're just doing a simple edit or fixing a typo or whatnot, you can uncheck the box not not release anything.

We really need better instructions here including showing the # of people subscribed based on the page you're editing. Let me get something better in place here.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM - Response #2

I just posted elsewhere in the Help Forums about this too. I'm having the same problem. The box doesn't come pre-checked.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:15 PM - Response #3

Where is that little check box now? I've watched for it as I transfer old survey & gallery pages to new ones but I haven't spotted it.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM - Response #4

It's under the editor window whenever members have an opportunity to subscribe to the page in question.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM - Response #5

I'm adding new pages that I haven't even activated yet and I'm getting notices about them. Under the edit window all I see is "Save Changes" but I thought there was a way for the admin to not show a saved page as new or updated. These aren't even turned on yet, just saved.

Confirmed: The old Gallery pages do have the check box but new pages added via the new Edit Site Pages don't have the checkbox. Apparently they are defaulted to notify without a way to shut that off.

Edited 01/28/13 8:40 PM
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM - Response #6

Thank you very much, Brad....Bonita

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM - Response #7

I wish there was a way to start a new page with a box to check "Don't notify classmates" this page is new or has been updated. In revamping my site tonight, I deleted several gallery pages and copied them to regular pages and I think notifications went out each time. I got 7 notices for the same page each time I either changed or uploaded a link on the page (I did that, like 3 or 4 times). I'm sure this annoyed the heck out my classmates.

Other than that, the upgrade seems flawless and I love the new "Edit Site Pages!" Thanks everyone at CC for your hard work! Hope you get a good night's sleep sooon!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM - Response #8

Again, I deleted some items from a page. I DID NOT check the box to notify classmates this page had been updated. An email notification went out stating this page had been added or updated. Sorry, I know you're all really busy, but just wondering if this will be fixed. Crying or Very sad

Edited 01/29/13 12:24 AM
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM - Response #9

The email notifications system is pretty complex. It will be attended to in due course, rest assured.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM - Response #10

Deselecting the email notification box does not seem to be working. Classmates are getting multiple notifications of every minor change.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 1:07 AM - Response #11

The programmer has reported this as fixed. Now if you move a menu item or rename the menu, no e-mail will be sent out. Please verify that the issue has been fixed.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM - Response #12

I'm sorry. I don't follow. I was referring to some minor changes we made to our photo captions in one of our features. Emails were going out even though the box for "send email notification of this change" was deselected. We have not changed or moved a menu item. Has my problem also been addressed?

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM - Response #13

Porbably not, since that is a finer grain of issue. Again, an overall review of the notifications system is down the road a bit, but coming.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.