ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Add "Other graduating classes" drop-down to home page

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/02/08 10:31 AM Views: 1274 Replies: 3
Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 10:31 AM

I would like to see a drop-down that would show the other graduating classes (20 year range - Plus 10 years, minus 10 years - maybe +-15 years) that graduated from the same high school and that have ClassCreator websites created. I wouldn't want to see ALL of them because that could be 100s.

One reason for this is so that members of those classes can see that there are other classes that also have websites. They can tell their brothers and sisters (older or younger) that they are "Missing" from their high school websites. Then the brothers/sisters can sign in to their graduating class websites.

Having a +10/-10 range should cover most people's circumstances having brothers and sisters who are older and younger.

Another reason - for administrators - is to easily see what other classes that graduated close to the same time and from the same school are doing. Maybe use their school logo if it is better. Maybe use their picture of the high school, etc.

This feature should be optional - administrator could turn it on/off on the homepage.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM - Response #1

Good suggestion Kyle, and already on "the list." The only difference is that we are in fact planning to show all of them. But no worries, you're not going to find a scenario where 50 classes from the same school have all created Class Creator sites or something like that. It's pretty manageable. Should we end up having that problem (lucky us if we do!) we can always tweak the critera to show a more specific range of years. This task is behind several new major features under development, but it's coming.

By the way, you'll also be able to add additional links to Classes from your school that are not on Class Creator.

Edited 09/02/08 11:07 AM
Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 11:23 AM - Response #2

Its a great idea, BUT man oh man, how much data can we handle??? I am getting over-inundated with just one year (not that thats a bad thing!! ). Wouldn't it be better to just create a "Master School" alumni site and then link to each year as well???

By the way, I paid to set this domain name up and when I check it under WHO IS?, it says the owner is Enom??? Who actually owns the site that I create???

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 11:32 AM - Response #3

1) The feature will be optional. You don't have to turn it on at all if you dont want to.

2) Manny people will opt to create a master alumni site using the upcoming alumni tools. This option will be for those who don't do that, or want to link to other classes not using Class Creator.

3) Classnames.net uses the enom registration system, that's correct. You own your own domain name though, and have full control over it like you would with any online Registrar.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.