ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

See Message contents

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/22/15 05:11 PM Views: 856 Replies: 2
Monday, June 22, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Email: Mary@----.com

I noticed I get classmates birthday announcements on my email regularly. I have seen where mine has not been posted - do you know why??
**END OF MESSAGE**

Can anyone explain this? I frankly didn't know this existed, as I am not getting any, but she says it does.

Thanks!

Monday, June 22, 2015 at 6:08 PM - Response #1

Each email is custom built according to the classmate's NOTIFY ME settings. It is assumed that you already know your own birthday, so when you select your list of classmates from the NOTIFY ME page, your own name isn't selected by default. If she wants to select her own name, then she would be notified of her own birthday.

However, I don't know anyone who has forgotten their own birthday, so I don't see it as necessary.

The reason you are not getting any is because you have not set up the "Profile Subscriptions" section of the NOTIFY ME page. When you do this, you will start receiving these emails from the system.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 6:23 AM - Response #2

Also - the person may not have entered their birthday or have not checked the box:
       "Allow Classmates to view my Birthday. This option allows Classmates to see your Date of Birth in your Profile and on the home page 30 days prior to your Birthday."
NOTE to Mary Z. I and our other Admin have elected to be notified of birthdays. It gives us an opportunity to reach out to the classmate so that they may be encouraged to visit the site and update. I have noticed that other site members also get birthday reminders and with the newer profile page, can comment a Happy Birthday on the profile page.

Edited 06/23/15 6:24 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.