ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Live Chat - Whiteboard??

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/14/11 07:27 PM Views: 1489 Replies: 4
Monday, March 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Is it possible to have some kind of "Whiteboard" in the Chat Room? This would be very nice for Reunion Committee Meetings, especially if they live all over the country.

If this can be done, how? If not, it would be nice for say the "Presenter" to display some kind of Whiteboard that would contain say Meeting Agenda, etc.

Monday, March 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM - Response #1

It's possible to create a PowerPoint, converted to a PDF for viewing by all. Then share a link to the presentation through the Live Chat.

Not exactly interactive, but workable.

Edited 03/14/11 8:19 PM
Monday, March 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM - Response #2

Good point. I could do that, but I am not on either Reunion Committee. Unfortunately, my particular Classes of 1960 and 1961, most the committee members don't have a clue what PDF stands for, nor anything about Power Point. LOL, for that matter, I might not get them to use CHAT!

I am just looking for ways to help a hesitating Reunion Committee get encouraged. The class of 1961 has Reunion scheduled for June 25th, and the main committee member that has always done most the work is busy caring for her husband in ICU. They have YET to have a Reunion committee meeting, hoping the main player will become available without stepping on toes.

Kind of hard to tell them (I build the site as Guest Admin from another year)that they might even be too late to find a venue to hold the reunion.

In the long run, a simple White Board or something similar would be easy for someone to type in the things to cover, and have their meeting...

I guess I am guilty too, as since I am a Guest Admin, I don't want to push them too much myself. Perhaps I should just go mellow out with a nice red wine this evening........LOL. Very Happy

Edited 03/14/11 8:37 PM
Monday, March 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM - Response #3

Here's a free online whiteboard to share: http://www.scriblink.com/index.jsp?act=about

Edited 03/14/11 9:29 PM
Monday, March 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM - Response #4
class_reunion.jpg

Derrell Pulis (1960) (Webmaster) wrote:

Perhaps I should just go mellow out with a nice red wine this evening........LOL. Very Happy

As you're enjoying that wine, Derrell, how about something like this for your whiteboard? (See attachment)

You can make this in Powerpoint, then save the slide as a .JPG image. That image can be uploaded to the chat room in the "share image" feature, then just tell people to click the "view image" button, and it comes up in the upper right screen. It's not a dynamic whiteboard, but you can set it up with topics of discussion, and chat away on the left pane while the image stays in the window. It's especially useful when people don't have Powerpoint software for a full presentation.

Edited 03/14/11 9:34 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.