ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Getting photos from profile to reunion gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/15/11 09:50 PM Views: 1598 Replies: 13
Monday, August 15, 2011 at 9:50 PM

One of our members loaded their reunion photos without directing them to a gallery. Can I move them? How do I accomplish this magic?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 9:16 PM - Response #1

Joan,

Probably the easiest way to move them (really, you would be leaving them in his profile) is to go to Manage Classmates, Download Photos, choose DOWNLOAD CLASSMATE PHOTOS and make sure that "Place images in a separate subdirectory for each Senator" is checked.

This will create a .zip file of all of the photos of each classmate. Just export the ones you want to upload from the .zip file into another directory. Then go to your Gallery Creator, create a new gallery for this classmate, then BROWSE, and upload all of his photos.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM - Response #2

Even easier is to go to that classmate's profile (under "Manage Classmates") and click on "Photos" tab and then scroll down to the link to download that classmate's photos. Then proceed as above.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 10:39 PM - Response #3

Thanks Jerry. I had forgotten about that way. It would be easier than sorting out all of the other classmate's photos.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM - Response #4

By the same token how can I remove all the School pictures i upload from my profile. Thanks

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 12:42 PM - Response #5

They must be deleted individually. Go to your EDIT/UPLOAD PHOTOS link and then delete all of the photos that are there. If you are doing it for a classmate, go through Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then the PHOTOS link for the classmate.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 1:28 PM - Response #6

Will they still appear in the photo gallery if I delete them from my profile. It is a lot of pics and it took a lot of time to upload them. I actuslly uploaded them to the gallery but somehow they ended up under my profile I guess because Im the admin.
Theres got to be a better way.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 7:41 PM - Response #7

If they are really in the gallery, then there are two copies of the photo. One is referencing your File Vault (the Gallery Creator one). The other is referencing your personal profile files (not the File Vault).

If you delete the profile ones, there will not be any problem with the Gallery photos because they are stored in the File Vault.

Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 3:47 PM - Response #8

Does this have to be deleted individually? Is there a way to select all. I had another admin accidentally upload almost 600 photos to her profile page rather than her gallery. I have deleted almost 100, but it is so time consuming to go through and click to delete each one individually.

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM - Response #9

Profile photos cannot be deleted in batch. They must be checked individually. However, the classmate can do it herself, and there is no cost or space usage effect of her having a ton of pictures on her profile. They don't factor into your File Vault space usage. So, the pictures don't need to be removed at all.

Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM - Response #10

I guess there is no way to transfer them to the gallery either, right? I just had another member upload tons of photos from a previous reunion, to their profile page, but he wanted them in the gallery we had set up for that.

Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM - Response #11

Never mind. I just re-read the original post above about moving them to the gallery. Forgot that was the original discussion topic. It has been a long weekend. Just had our 40th reunion and the website is a big hit.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM - Response #12

Kyle Erickson wrote:

They must be deleted individually. Go to your EDIT/UPLOAD PHOTOS link and then delete all of the photos that are there. If you are doing it for a classmate, go through Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then the PHOTOS link for the classmate.

Hi Kyle,

Can an individual user delete photos from their profile, or do I need to do it for them? When the pictures are unchecked are they hidden or deleted. If hidden, can they be deleted?

thanks

Dave

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM - Response #13

Hi Dave,

Yes a classmate can delete their own photos. Photos that are unchecked are not active/hidden but not deleted. They can be deleted by hovering over the right top of the photo on the edit profile view and choosing remove.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.