Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Odd links showing up on pages...?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/03/14 02:15 PM Views: 527 Replies: 4
Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Hi, Why are highlighted links showing up like this one?:

http://www.southside64.com/class_admin_statistics.cfm

they are showing up on this page also { on words: summary. edit, regular mail, attach file, etc. }

When I hover, they are advertisements & when clicked it takes me off the site?

Did I miss a notice from CC ?

Thanks, N

Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM - Response #1

Check your subscription. It may have expired and changed your site to an 'Advertisements' site.

Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM - Response #2

I just responded to you on another thread suggestion your computer is infested by malware. And now I'm positive of it. Use System Restore to restore your computer to a point prior to when this started happening (that's the quickest way to solve this). Or run a full malware and virus sweep of your computer. Either of those things should solve the problem for you.

Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM - Response #3

Nancee, I'm not seeing any highlighted words on your site.. I had a classmate send me a message asking about the same problem. I had him download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.. It cleaned his computer.. So, you do have malware on your computer.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 6:25 PM - Response #4

I agree with Brad but would prefer to run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware or Spybots Search & Destroy. Since having a couple trojan virus' over the past few years, I run TWO malware programs because the first did not get it.

If you notice your computer slowing down... always clear your browser's cache. If that does not help, run malware... even if you did it the day before.... run it again. Don't trust your internet security (McAfee, Norton and such)... they can miss things, too.

If the above fails... restore.

Edited 08/06/14 6:26 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.