ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Admin position descriptions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/08/12 11:44 PM Views: 1117 Replies: 5
Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Now the reason for my Help Forums visit... Wink

I am about to write 'job descriptions' for new site admins. I'm wondering if any of you have anything written you'd like to share. I'd sure appreciate it! Smile

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM - Response #1

Hi Gwen,

I am the Site Administrator for my site. I have not added anyone alongside me as of yet because my Co-Chair of the Reunion was not for setting up the site, so I paid for it myself for one year. Our classmates love it, although mine is not as fancy as some of your sites. I plan to renew it for 5 years. I headed up my reunion along with doing most of the work, and we just had our reunion, so I was really limited on time to spend on my site.

My Co-Chair really likes the site now, and I would like to add her in the event something happens to me; however, I want to maintain control over the site. How do I do that?

I haven't participated that much with you all, but I do get all the Class Creator questions which has really helped me. I can tell you are really great at all this!

I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks. Patsy

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM - Response #2
ORGNrevised7612.pdf

Hi Gwen,

This may not be exactly what your are looking for, but the attached document covers position descriptions we formulated to clarify planning committee member roles and have a set of mutually agreed upon goals. If not obvious after reading, it was developed by the undersigned, a former long range planner at the Pentagon. We also have a "timeline" and both reside under "Bulletin Board" items for classmates to see if interested.

As time went on we listed names under each paragraph and some members are active in more than one category. A couple people were recently added to our internal working copy, so document was revised a few days ago to include them. The site administrator is listed under Publicity.

We still have two more meetings and although short of our 80 percent goal of locating fellow grads (actual is around 70), we're on track for the other three.

Bob

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM - Response #3

I am one of 4 administrators, but I do 99% of the work on our site, and don't have any set duties per se, but TWO of my admin's handle all of the financing when we have a reunion.

The closest thing I have to a 'job description' would be the guidelines I have established for the next person who takes over as Root Admin.

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM - Response #4

Hi Patsy and thanks for the compliment... I share it with everyone here. We share here and in TAP chats which is a big help. To answer your question, as long as you are the ROOT Admin, you are in control. However, this is part of why I am writing job descriptions. (More about this below.)

Bob, you may be a big help to us in an upcoming chat. Check out our Chat Topics survey for info. I'll open the file in a bit! Thanks!

Steve, I have been handling everything over the past three years since building the single year site. In order to give myself time to live, I started setting the sites up for others to join in and am 'advertising'.

To All: The goal is:
1) To define positions and what access is given each and the role of the Root. The Root should manage the site, including reports/stats.
2) To specify the use of downloaded class lists. I really wish Roots had the ability to allow particular classes per admin and as to what info is allowed. We are really on a thin ice here with access to multiple classes on alumni sites - especially those who do not allow other classmates to see there address and we tell them it is private. I'd like to have one person per class managing their class list and In Memory.

I'm going to read Bob's file next. Thanks all!

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM - Response #5

Excellent idea to share the work load when warranted!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.