ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Music Download sites

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/06/10 12:59 PM Views: 1596 Replies: 11
Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Since Limewire has been shut down, I am curious to know what sites you all are using for downloading music? I've done a little research ( ie, Frostwire, bitorrent,Littleshoot) all kind of scary. I want to use the CC widget player for homepage and not sure where to start now....Thanks. I tried a search for a discussion on this and no luck. Sorry if repeat. Maybe someone can refer me to a thread..Thanks, Bonita

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 1:07 PM - Response #1

I have used Flashwidgetz.com very successfully, except that 2 weeks their server went down. That was unusual though. During that time, I went back to the CC widget player, and I REALLY like it. Unfortunaely taking a big chance.

If only there was a download site for "protected" music that they would allow to download URL, instead of using their Player. That would be way kewl, but so far I have been unsuccessful finding one. Anyway, then the Class Creator Player Widget could call the URL to a legal download site. EVERYBODY should search for such a capability in my opinion, then we could use CC Player.

Here is the link to Flashwidgetz.

http://www.flashwidgetz.com/

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Derrell..I had read that thread a while back..I recall now. I was confused as to how to download one's own music, but I see that Flashwidgetz does allow you to do that. I guess I didn't pay attention at the time! Ok, so I am going to give it a go and try a CC playlist on homepage. Yes, that copyright thing is scary. I guess using artists other than original less risky..many sound pretty good.Ok, here I go...another adventure! Thanks again, Derrell..

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 1:38 PM - Response #3

Remember, you still have to be careful on any of these playlist sites. You should not upload to them your original 'copyright' music. That would be even more evident than CC Widget.

Flashwidgetz has lots of music that you can search for, and build your own playlist that is legal. Just their widget not as nice as CC, but then again Flashwidgetz has more 'choices' of widgets than www.playlist.com.

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 2:29 PM - Response #4

Derrell, How can you know for sure what is copyrighted?? Legal??? I have so many questions. I've done some research on copyright laws and I am more confused now than before.

I also can't figure out how to save music to computer to use on CC. I've been playing with both..Thanks for your help. Bonita

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM - Response #5

Bonita Lyon wrote:

Derrell, How can you know for sure what is copyrighted?? Legal??? I have so many questions. I've done some research on copyright laws and I am more confused now than before.

I also can't figure out how to save music to computer to use on CC. I've been playing with both..Thanks for your help. Bonita

Unfortunately, as Brad indicates, most everything is copyrighted. The guidance is if you don't know for sure, it is most likely copyrighted. You can't play songs from flashwidgetz or playlist by saving to your computer. They can only be played by scripting a flashwidgetz player and pasting the code into your website. Basically CC player widget was intended for band and choir songs, I think Brad said. Anything else, keep in mind what color stripes we prefer when caught.

I am, MUCH TO MY CHAGRIN, probably going to remove the CC Widget Player entirely from my website, as I don't have any Choir songs. I am desparatly (unsuccessful so far) trying to find a SAFE Site for their 'copyright maintained authorization" to load CC Player Widget with URLs. I don't think they make such thing though....not sure???? Very unfortunate, as I REALLY like the CC Player Widget, far superior.

Edited 11/06/10 2:39 PM
Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM - Response #6

P.S. - You can download MP3 to your computer from places like Napster, but again, you are only allowed to play them on your own PC, nothing further. Technically, at Reunion parties, it is even unauthorized to play your own purchased music albums to a group of people. All the copyright is ridiculous the length carried to.

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 3:44 PM - Response #7

Me too. Let us know and I'll keep looking. Seriously, those copyright laws are something. Well, there is always paying for them! Just saw a site with .99 per song!@! I've used Playlist.com for years and never gave this much thought and never was concerned before. I really would like to use CC widget as well. I took Playlist off a while back because, like you trying to figure a way to make the most of how to play the music. Be in touch...Thanks for all Bonita

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 11:13 AM - Response #8

Bonita - I am also trying to use flashwidgetz.com. I got to the point where you click on "get code" and then I got stuck. I didnt know what to choose at that point. Can you help me?
Thanks!
Doug

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM - Response #9

Doug, I've decided to stick with Playlist.com Haven't worked with flashwidgetz lately. When you click get code, copy the code and paste on your site where you want it. I am sure there are other people here that can help you further. Sorry I couldn't help more and I hope it works out for you.Bonita

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM - Response #10

Thanks so much. I have been really stuck trying to get some of the music we want. I found flashwidgetz a bit difficult, but maybe it was just me.

Friday, January 7, 2011 at 3:28 PM - Response #11

Bonita.... You know i'm never one to let ya down. Smile Don't EVER download songs for .99! Wayyy too much money. You know me...Mr. Conservative. Smile Go HERE to get almost any song you can think of for only .15 each, and legally! Good Luck and have fun.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.