ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Emails

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/28/17 06:09 PM Views: 1665 Replies: 11
Friday, April 28, 2017 at 6:09 PM

I never have thought of this..........but, if a classmate has not joined but has an email address, can I enter their email address and send emails through the web site to them?

Thanks, Bev

Friday, April 28, 2017 at 10:41 PM - Response #1

A classmate has to join to be able to receive an email through the site. See questions 8 and 9 under Questions About Email at this link: http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.cfm#email.

Friday, April 28, 2017 at 11:17 PM - Response #2

Beverly,

The answers Scott refers to seems to apply to classmates' ability to email non-members. As an administrator, you can email a non-member by using the Email the Class function. In the past, that was not the case, but now you can.

Jim

Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 3:41 AM - Response #3

Jim, this is interesting. Question 8 (see response #1): When I "Email the Class" who exactly will receive the email? Answer: Your message will be sent to all Classmates on your Class List who have opted in to receive emails from your site.

I've entered email addresses for some classmates who have not joined our site, but there's no way they have opted in to receive an email from our site.

And yet, I just tried composing an email to the class and see that non-members for whom I've manually entered an email address are listed as recipients to receive the email, despite never having opted in! It appears you are correct, and Class Creator needs to change the answer to question 8.

It appears we have to be careful when we mass email the class to delete from the recipient list those who have not joined the site for whom we've manually entered an email address.

Edited 04/29/17 5:37 AM
Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 2:45 PM - Response #4

Scott,

I just found out about this earlier this week when I sent out an email to the class and received information that a non-member received it. I went back into Email the Class and noticed that the Available Classmates list now includes non-members who have an email address in the system and that there is the option of deselecting those who have not joined. Now that I know this, I like this better than when non-members were disabled as previously was the case.

Jim

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:03 PM - Response #5

Okay - for clarification... both of those answers cited above are incorrect due to some policy changes over the years. If you enter an email address into a profile for someone who has not yet joined, the email will be included when you use the Email The Class functionality to send emails to your members. Also, there is no longer an Opt In requirement as there once was... in fact we no longer generate an opt in email when a member joins. So yes, if you have an email, address, by all means enter it into the system.

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:24 PM - Response #6

Update documentation Idea

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:59 PM - Response #7

Is there any limitations on the number of times non-joiners can be sent an email without joining, assuming they have not unsubscribed?

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 3:18 PM - Response #8

No limits. - Let me clarify on question number 9 however. 9 reads: If I enter an email address into a profile for a Classmate, but the Classmate is not registered with the site, can that Classmate receive emails through the site from other Classmates? ... The answer here is still No. Only the emails from the admin in Email the Class will go to the email address for classmate profiles where there is an email address present, and the Classmate has not yet joined.

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 4:08 PM - Response #9

CC Admin: Since there is no longer any Opt-In requirement, will you please change the answer to question 8, which now reads: "Your message will be sent to all Classmates on your Class List who have opted in to receive emails from your site. Be sure your email looks exactly how you want it before pressing the "Send Email" button."

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 4:32 PM - Response #10

I have already forwarded this suggestion. Thanks

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 6:10 PM - Response #11

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Bev

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.