ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Very Intermittent Availability

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/31/13 05:16 PM Views: 2017 Replies: 33
Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Since noon PDT today my site has been mostly unavailable. I’ve been able to access the Help Forum more frequently than the site during this time so I presume they are hosted at different location. As I post this I still cannot access my site.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM - Response #1

Yes, we apologize for the intermittent service. We are having a "peach" of an afternoon tracking down this particular issue. Multiple reboots. You can be assured that we are working on it and hope to get over the hump soon.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM - Response #2

I hope so too as I'm in a competition for homepage hits. Now, if everyone who sees this post would like to visit my site.......................

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM - Response #3

I just visited your site F C Bock, good luck.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM - Response #4

I have also been haviong trouble. I'm trying to log in to request a withdrawal from our account before so it will count for July and not August...but have been unable to. I hope you get it worked out soon!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 6:15 PM - Response #5

I just tried again and it worked...thanks!! And, I visited your site F C Bock...very nice!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 6:16 PM - Response #6

Took me 3 tries, but I go on to your site F C.

Poor classmates, probably wondering why they can't get on the site. Hope this is resolved soon, as it has been off and on for a few days now.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM - Response #7

I noticed this too multiple times...but I also noticed that it indicated to hit F5. When I did, I got my site back - whether coincidence or actual fixes, not certain...but I'm not getting the message any more

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 7:54 PM - Response #8

Thanks for the visits.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM - Response #9

Another hit from me on your site, F C. Good luck!

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM - Response #10

Neither my cell nor my tablet have an F5 key.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM - Response #11

Gwen Corey wrote:

Another hit from me on your site, F C. Good luck!

Gwen, thanks for the visit but time ran out on me and I didn't prevail.

FC

Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM - Response #12

Use the MENU/RELOAD or VIEW/REFRESH or just use the reload button on your browser's address bar (it looks like an arrow going in the clockwise direction)

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM - Response #13

Happening again, right now.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM - Response #14

it is working for me.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM - Response #15

Well, it (the site not this forum) is not working for me and hasn't been since 1:30 PDT. It is now 3:30PDT

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM - Response #16

Working now.

Monday, August 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM - Response #17

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....4ED-AC61BF1240F6388B

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 11:23 PM - Response #18

Again tonight starting around 8:15 PDT.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 2:20 AM - Response #19

One new thing I'm noticing at the moment is a notice at the top of my site home page that scheduled maintenance is going to begin at 2:50 AM EST. It's nice to know that in advance instead of being in the middle of something when it goes down.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 2:23 AM - Response #20

It seems to have pushed my home page down to the bottom, Joe. I'm going to look at yours!
EDIT/ADD: Yours looks good! I think Brad is playing tricks on mine.

Edited 08/18/13 2:26 AM
Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 2:32 AM - Response #21

Which one of your sites, Gwen? I looked at all of them and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 2:47 AM - Response #22

Alumni site. We're going down in 3 minutes. Catch you on the other side, Joe! Smile

Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM - Response #23
Unavailable 4-30 PM Sat 8-24 also several times in the last few days.jpg

I am seeing also intermittent unavailability...but no notice or anything - just site not available; if there is a schedule I can post it on our website...but it's been happening at least once a day Win 7 Chrome and FF - see attached eastern time

Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM - Response #24

I was in a chat on my alumni site. Though I was not able to get into another site, our chat was never interrupted. I thought that was a plus.
Smile

Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM - Response #25

I am getting emails from classmates asking about the system being down...is anything unusual going on - and is there a schedule that can be posted?

Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM - Response #26

Having been on the other side of the fence for so many years, I can sympathise with whatever problems you're experiencing.
If you're logged in, everything hangs. If you're trying to log in, you might get a 404 or a 'System Unavailable" line. Or if there's enough running to actually respond, you'll get the message box telling you to press F5 or try again shortly. But today for a while, not only was our web site not available, neither was the ClassCreator site. And both failed a DNS lookup when I tried to ping. For a while there, it was as if neither had ever existed.
Good luck at finding and resolving whatever is causing these problems.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM - Response #27

Yet again right now at 11:56 am PDT.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM - Response #28

We should be okay for now.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM - Response #29

Appears to be.

Friday, September 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM - Response #30

at 4:38 PM ET said to check back in 5 minutes; at 4:58 still unavailable, and then Forums were down - said to check back in 2 minutes; Don't know how long that lasted but at 5:20 they were both back up - just letting you know, what you probably already know...but looks like 5 minutes is not long enough

Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM - Response #31

3:51 ET both CC and forums were off line - i didn't check back till now, and both are up. Is there a schedule of these short interruptions that I can publish on our website - such as "you may experience short interruptions between the hours of 3-5 PM ET - it is generally short maintenance - not to worry - just check back in 20-30 minutes"

I'm finding this more and more often...is it me, or is it that I'm just on a lot more with a reunion coming up?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM - Response #32

Interruptions have been more frequent than at any time in the past 3 years. Also much more erratic response times - not outage, just really slow. Almost as if the servers are misconfigured somewhereQuestion

I agree that there needs to be a more pro-active maintenance announcement solution taken by CCIdea

Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM - Response #33

I posted this in some other thread awhile back but short summary, it's an issue with CF9 and the current engine. And too much traffic. At this traffic level it just cuts out a couple times a day, requiring a reset.

The good news is a whole new solution is already in house. Brand new servers, brand new CF10, brand new tomcast engine, and brand new physical firewall. The only problem with that is the move to this new setup is massive. It's not just a move it's a migration. This means a great deal of testing, code changes, etc. Numerous people are involved in making this happen currently including a dedicated IT solutions provider.

Bottom line: We expect the move to happen in roughly 2 weeks. After that we should be in extremely good shape with a whole new team to rely on for IT needs in the future.

I will be doing a system wide emailing when we are about to make this move. The move will require several hours of down time and will be done in the middle of the night.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.