ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

disable private messages?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/19/09 09:50 PM Views: 1200 Replies: 4
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Hi!

In my teacher profiles, I am using the profile pages to make Memorial pages, as I don't want to merge deceased teachers with classmates on the In Memory page. I am wondering if there is anyway to disable the Send a private message feature?

Edited 03/19/09 9:51 PM
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 10:41 PM - Response #1

Well...no, you're using a page that wasn't intended for that, so you're stuck with the functionality for what the page was intended for. The good news, though, is teachers are not mixed in with Classmates on your In Memory page. They are there on the same page together, yes, but Classmtes are listed under the Classmates heading all together, and Teachers are listed under the Teachers heading all together.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 10:46 PM - Response #2

Oh terrific, thanks!

I thought they were merged because they are on the drop down, I never even tested it, LOL. :O)

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:11 PM - Response #3

Brad,
Has that discussion re: teachers Profile happened yet? I was leaning on not managing teachers but using it like a customized link, where we cite faculty accolades and upload photos. I prefer not to use my allowable customizable links for this purpose ; well not as long as there's a functionality available. Is it possible to give us an alternative ? A simple one? Thanks!

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 1:12 AM - Response #4

Unlimited site pages will be an option after we get through a few slated major feature launches. With that you could do anything you'd like. Teacher Profiles have set functionality but can be customed with the Teacher Profile Generator. Doesn't sound like you're looking to do that though, so I think using more pages when available will be your best bet.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.