ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Slide Show / Power Point

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/03/13 05:38 AM Views: 844 Replies: 2
Friday, May 3, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Hello! I have a slide show done in Power Point. The creator of the show offered to save it as a PDF.. if he does that, can is it uploadable as a PDF?

Thank you!

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM - Response #1

You can upload PDF files into the file vault and then create a link to the document for people to download and open.

To upload a non image documents to the File Vault, locate any page that has an Editor Window, such as by going to Edit Site Pages > Edit next to Homepage. On the Editor Window, look for the icon in the second row of buttons that is about 2/3 to the right that looks like a globe with a chain link, this is the Insert / Edit Link button. Click this button and a small window will appear. Look for Browse in the window and locate your file on your machine. Once selected, press the Open / Select button and then press the Upload button. This will upload your file to the file vault from which you can link to for people to access the document.

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM - Response #2

I don't know the final purpose of the images (so the next may not apply), but I would upload the images into a CC Gallery. (Get the raw images from the creator.)

This gallery effectively works just like Power Point in "sliding" from image to image and be much easier for classmates to access and view.

Or just upload the images and put them on a page. The only advantage of a PDF is that it makes downloading a bit simpler, however, that is inherently less flexible (IMO).

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.