ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Anchor/Link Home Page to Forum

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/15/09 09:31 PM Views: 1581 Replies: 7
Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Is it possible to link and announcement on a Home Page to a list of forum topics. I've created a tutor for my classmates, who didn't grow up in the computer age, in one of the forums I call All You Need To Know But Are Too Shy To Ask.

I'd like to announce it and have a way for them to click on something to go right too it. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

Carole

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 10:18 PM - Response #1

I'm assuming you want to link them to this forum list of topics.

Assuming that's what you want, you need to do what I just did above. The way to do that is go directly to that list of topics on your site yourself. And then copy everything in your browser's address bar to your clipboard. Then just go into edit mode for one of your Announcements, slect the text you wish to be clickable, click your chain link icon, and paste in the link you already have on your computer's clipboard. Voila, the link will take the users directly to your help topics, which are very nicely done by the way.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 10:24 PM - Response #2

Thanks so much, especially for the compliment. I thought I'd offer them up to the rest of our group when they are finished.

Carole

Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 10:28 PM - Response #3

Excellend idea, and we'd appreciate that. When you do make sure you do it as a brand new topic and not in a response to a previous topic. When you do that I'll make it "sticky" so it's easily findable to all in the future.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM - Response #4

Carole,
Your website is awesome! I especially love "A Chicago Guide". Being that we are a Chicago area high school would you mind if I borrowed some ideas from it (or all of it?) Always looking for fresh ideas and would totally give you credit. If not, I understand. You put a lot of work into it!
Katie

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 2:41 PM - Response #5

Thank you, Katie. My husband wrote it and interestingly was the attorney for your high school for many years.

He has copyrited the script, however, and really doesn't want it have it all over the place. He wouldn't mind if you wanted to put a link from your site to it, however. I think I could help you do so or Brad certainly could.

Again, thanks for the good words,
Carole

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM - Response #6

Hi Carole,

I completely understand. I may do something similar at another time with my own words and photographs, but not anything that would copy what is in yours.

In the meantime, since you gave permission, I may just include a link to yours. Tell your husband that he is a talented man.

Best,
Katie

Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM - Response #7

He is a very talented man. I agree. And, do feel free to add a link to his Unconventional Guide to Chicago.

Carole

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.